Unlimited access >

I am having fabulous results with monthly and bi-monthly Adequan

I have a 10 and 18 year old Holsteiners. My 10 year old is an eventer that cam to me as a 7 year old with early hock arthritis and my 18 year old is an upper level jumper that is fit and sound but had significant wind puffs. Both received every 6 month 28 day rounds of Adequan. My vet has a daughter who competes and he would do MWF shots prior to to a competition with good results. He had clients who were doing monthly on top of every 6 month rounds so we started a regimen. Yes it is pricey. Both are on MWF Previcox also but I really noticed the difference with the addition of the monthly Adequan. My 18 year old stopped stocking up when in his stall more than 24 hours. Now his legs are tight even at 4-5 days in a stall due to weather. My 10 year old has really stepped up in his work. Jumping better and my dressage trainer says he’s never looked better. He is also rocking himself back and using his hind end more efficiently. Here is each’s regimen:

10 year old: MWF Previcox, 1 heaping scoop ( closer to the loading dose ) Cosaquin ASU Plus, Adequan every 2 weeks plus every 6 month 28 day loading dose.

18 year old: MWF Previcox, 1 heaping scoop Cosaquin ASU Plus, Adequan every month plus every 6 month loading doses.

I had started the Cosequin maybe 6 weeks prior to the monthly/bi-monthly Adequan and noticed the change when I started the Adequan . My 10 year old had been on every 6 month dosing for 3 years so the ramping up was really appreciable.

2 Likes

So good to hear of success stories! Around here lots of people use Adequan with good results. I have never used it for my own horses, but have had similar good results with Pentosan in an aged gelding that raced for 10 years before he became an eventer.