Unlimited access >

I bought a Grand Prix jacket for $250

Perhaps this might not seem like a deal for some, but in my neck of the woods it is unheard of! I can’t touch one for under $350, is this a deal for you too?

If you can’t beat 'em, try harder. And God Bless America my home sweet home!

Perhaps this might not seem like a deal for some, but in my neck of the woods it is unheard of! I can’t touch one for under $350, is this a deal for you too?

We get them so much cheaper up here because they are made in Canada. They are usually around $250 US for the regular price.

~Bucksnort~
“Work like you don’t need the money, love like you’ve never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.”

I’m jealous!!! Good for you.:slight_smile:

Gulf Coast Ponies
http://www.angelfire.com/country/eldersponyacres

You still win! Tweed and stretch? Now I’m drooling - my cheap GP is just a boring green pinstripped. Yours sounds awesome!

Some lady on the internet sold me hers for 100.00!! And it was in PERFECT condition. It was Navy Herringbone!!! But I’m happy that you found a Grand Prix Jacket!!! They are SO NICE!!

http://www.dmtc.com/dmtc98/Pedigree/ you can look up you Thoroughbred’s Pedigree with photos 9 Genrations back!
Men come and go, but my horse will always love me!

Congrats on your find.
Sometimes I find GP jackets at a local consignment store, brand new, for around $200. They’re just last season’s colors/offerings. But of course, they’re never my size, either.

“Friends don’t let friends eat fish tacos.”

I’ve got you all beat A few weeks ago, I found a gorgeous, brand new one on sale at one of our local tack shops for $75 !!! Just as well, since the Grand Prix’s seem to be the only ones that fit me.

Hi and Hello . . .

I hate to tell you guys this but . . . and I also have a suggestion . . .

I’ve gotten custom riding jackets made here in Seoul - “custom” as in fully made to measure . . .

Price - W180,000 Korean Won which is about $160 Dollars U.S.

If any of you have a friend or family relation travelling to the Far East (Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, etc.), I would STRONGLY urge you to give that person your full upper body measurements and get them to have a riding jacket made for you out here - it’s really worth it, the jacket should fit far better than off the rack and the price is cheap, cheap, cheap.

On my coat the quality of cut and material is first rate (according to a Korean lady I teach English to who is in the fashion industry - she’s examined my new riding jacket(s) for me).

Anyway, as a guy it is a really really good deal as opposed to waiting in Canada or America for the tack shop to order a jacket for me and then wait and then hope it is going to fit.

Anyway, my two cents . . .

DG/Seoul ROK

[This message was edited by davidgud - equestrian jihad on Oct. 28, 2001 at 07:24 PM.]

I got one for $39 on eBay last year. It had been worn a whopping 3 times, though, and needed to be dry cleaned.

Of course, it ended up not fitting me after all, so back to eBay it goes The idea is nice, though, isn’t it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Merry:
Congrats on your find.
Sometimes I find GP jackets at a local consignment store, brand new, for around $200. They’re just last season’s colors/offerings. But of course, they’re never my size, either.

“Friends don’t let friends eat fish tacos.”<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Merry did you really expect to find “doll clothes” at the regular tack store? You little thing you. I’ve seen the pictures.

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

That was an incredible deal - you never know, you might be able to make a nice little profit there

i bought a beautiful dark grey GP coat with light blue stripes on ebay for $200 but of course it doesn’t fit me…so it’s in my closet. I brought it to our local tack swap sale a couple of weeks ago and nobody bought it…I was pretty shocked…that’s a great deal!!! So, now it’s back in my closet.

Oh well, I knew you guys could beat me in my score. The only thing great about this is that it is a new tan twead and it has stretch lining which I LOVE!

Our tack store went out of business and had a huge sale with all the grand prix coats at $100 USD. There were like 15, but NONE of them were my size in a TALL! I really thought about buying a bunch and selling them on ebay, but with my luck I would’ve got stuck with them all.

~Bucksnort~
“Work like you don’t need the money, love like you’ve never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.”