Unlimited access >

I got to see the New Year in, stuck in Hospital! Share your pneumonia recovery stories

They didn’t, but that looks like a great idea.

I can’t believe how weak I am here, pretty scary. “Don’t do too much” isn’t an instruction needed, small walk fro front rm to kitchen and back, needs a rest

3 Likes

Go ahead and order one now. You will be surprised how much it helps builds up your depth of breathing. We kept our and use it quite often during cold season.

I so hear you on the weakness. Try to get up and walk around the couch at the top of each hour. If possible try to “graze” instead of just eating 3 meals a day. This will keep your body fueled throughout the day. Hugs and good luck!

3 Likes

Just popping in to say hi! The weakness will improve slowly but it sure is a scary thing to go through. Don’t forget to stay hydrated, it will help loosen up any mucous in your lungs. Hang in there!

1 Like

I am two months out and just now walking about 15 minutes briskly and tired and out of breath after just that little bit, but also had bad lungs before, so is taking me a bit to get up there.

Bet you will be fine much faster, just take it easy for a little longer, doctors orders to be lazy until lungs heal. :hugs:

Oh, also consider eating little at any one time, so your chest is not pushed around by a full stomach, until lungs are working better.

1 Like

I woke up at 4 am, was so happy laying there, awake., in the dark, and quiet, on my comfortable bed, I wasn’t at all offended to be awake, it was beautiful!

5 Likes

Todays learning:

For some reason waking up and putting clothes on, as in t shirt and leggings is more exhausting than getting “day PJ’s” on.

Managed to potter about and do a few things, now resting before I do a few more things!

2 Likes

Great tip, i ordered one, and I can feel it making a difference.

I’m getting around better now, but it’s going to be a long road I fear.

1 Like

I am glad you are seeing some results using it! Keep doing what you can, when you can. Hoping each day is better than the one before!

1 Like