Unlimited access >

I have a Feiner Stern mare --- need advice! Confo critique and Stallion ideas?

I have a nice mare who needs a job and I’m am not able to provide it for her. I have someone who is interested but I’m trying to get a basic idea of her “value” not because she’s for sale , but mostly as place to start with discussions, insurance, her potential, etc… I have tried to PM some people who I know are particularity knowledgeable about her sire, Feiner Stern, but am not sure the messages went through…

I am not trying to upset the moderators, I have been somewhat cryptic – but I’m SO far outside of the active horse world I really need some perspective…

*** As long as I’m out of the woodwork, so to speak, Any suggestions for a GOV stallion? Possibly for eventing? I know F.S. was considered a dressage stallion, but he apparently has produced a few eventing offspring as well…
I think the biggest thing I would like improve upon is her ride-ability…

Thanks
Tammy M.

[QUOTE=calypsocapers;8039800]
I have a nice mare who needs a job and I’m am not able to provide it for her. I have someone who is interested but I’m trying to get a basic idea of her “value” not because she’s for sale , but mostly as place to start with discussions, insurance, her potential, etc… I have tried to PM some people who I know are particularity knowledgeable about her sire, Feiner Stern, but am not sure the messages went through…

I am not trying to upset the moderators, I have been somewhat cryptic – but I’m SO far outside of the active horse world I really need some perspective…

Thanks
Tammy M.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a pic of this nice mare?

The dam will matter a great deal. If the sire was FS and the mare was say a QH or a well bred mare, it will make all the difference in the world for her value. Then the horse it self and her training. And the talent of the person that is taking the horse. Riders that are good usually get paid for their efforts. I think it would be impossible to guess at any value with the info given.
But horses have the value at what someone is willing to pay. If you want to give her a job, then that might be the priority.

[QUOTE=hessy35;8039805]
Do you have a pic of this nice mare?[/QUOTE]

I’m working on it… It’s hard when my unhorsey 16 yr daughter doesn’t want hold the horse OR take photos!!! even more frustrating is she refuses to use my camera… so I have to wait for her phone to be available…))

Thanks!
Tammy M.

The dam is a GOV approved TB. She was a lovely hunter type mare, very fluid movement, could jump out of 4 foot paddocks easily, but was never re-trained after her racing career. Nice dark bay, classic fine TB head with nice straight legs and a good topline. Kind of sad… my mother owned the mare, I had to BEG her to let me use the mare, I was able to borrow her for a couple of years, to breed her but then I had to send her back… My mother didn’t want to sell her to anyone…don’t get me started about THAT! )))))

Tammy M.

Maybe take away your 16 yr. olds phone for a week and see if she might be more willing to help you then.

[URL=“http://desprings.blogspot.com/2015/03/blog-post.html”]Ok here’s a link to a photo

http://desprings.blogspot.com/2015/03/blog-post.html

I hope it works… I’m trying to get the hang of this new forum… I’d like some honest comments on her conformation, if anyone is willing…I think she’s put together pretty well, but then again, I’m her mommy! I won’t be offended- she’s staying with me regardless of her flaws…

Tammy M

Does the mare have a show record?
FWIW, a mare like that (if there is no remarkable show record) would be around 4k - 8k if she is under 6 or 7yrs. Older and the price goes down. Under 16h and the price can go down.

The price goes up with proven ability, either in gaits or showing.

Her potential as a broodmare is not beyond that price range either unless she has produced some amazing/proven offspring.

She stands 16.1, is 8 yrs old, has no show record yet----I’m trying to get her to someone who can supplement her training… She’s been with a couple of trainers, but not done a lot. I’ve had a lot of family issues which kept me from working with her as much as I had intended. So now my goal is to let someone who has a higher level of experience to be able to fulfill her potential.

She’s a lovely mare, how is her personality? Has she jumped? Just looking at her she says “hunter” to me. She looks like she took after her dam in a lot of ways.