Unlimited access >

More new babies New pics- 3/14

I wasn’t expecting them at all-- thought most likely mid Feb, since my newest buck breeched his pen fence for about 2 hours one day. Turns out I didn’t wean my young bucks soon enough last year. Thankfully all her daughters I have kept had girls last year so no inbreeding.

2 does.

25 Likes

How adorable !!!

2 Likes

Baby goats are too cute!! I love when they learn to play and be silly. The best!

4 Likes

OH I love baby goaties! Congrats!

2 Likes

Goats rule. End of story.

1 Like

Are they Kikos? So cute! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

:heart_eyes:
So cute!

1 Like

How do you get anything done around there. I’d be sitting there watching them for too long.

Those little guys will need a goat jungle gym to play on and jump on and off. :wink:

3 Likes

Boer. This particular doe is 1/4 Nubian but her kids are just as beefy as their full Boer 1/2 siblings so I just call them Boer when I sell the boys. She is one of my best producers and I’ve kept every one of her girls.

Right now it is too cold to sit and watch them ! I am so thankful they were born on Monday night when we were unseasonably warm. If it had been the next night they may have frozen. They spend most of the time in their " warmer" my son made out of an old plastic barrel.

We have a little tykes slide the kids love and it is ready and waiting. They also tend to jump on my back when I am down on the ground for some reason!

3 Likes

Oh, so cute!!!

1 Like

UPDATE - We finally named them ( a week later!!)

POLLY has more brown.

ANNA has more black.

8 Likes

She’s taking good care of them, nice and fat! Nothing cuter!

1 Like

I love them when they are at that stage - the pure joy of being alive and running and jumping for no reason other than they can. Goats know how to have fun.

3 Likes

They are just so stinking cute!!!

4 Likes

She is my best , most consistent producer out of my 30 does. She has tons of milk and raises the nicest kids no matter what buck I have used. She is also our favorite ( personality wise).

I agree @shiloh ! I love when they run, head sideways with those ears flapping :grinning: You can’t have a bad day after watching them play.

4 Likes

Do you raise them for milk or meat? Do you usually keep the female babies? Will all of your does
have new babies soon? What do the mommas eat?

They are meat goats ( we don’t eat them). I sell my boys and keep the best girls for myself every year. People buy my other girls to add to their breeding herds.

I have 23 more to kid.Starting in mid- Feb. 6 of my young does I kept from last year I didn’t breed as I want them to kid for the first time around 2 years of age. I think they last longer that way and it gives them a chance to mature.

Excellent quality hay and grain, just like the horses do. I feed free choice minerals and add minerals to their grain mix too. Deworming and foot care , just like the horses except I can trim them myself ( thank goodness).

2 Likes

That sounds like a lot of work and effort to keep them all healthy and producing.

Where do you sell them? Farm auction? Craigslist?

Sorry for all the questions, I just find it interesting and never knew a ‘professional goat farmer’.

SO STINKING CUTE!!

Are you in PA? If you are, I would love to take a few goats off your hands for a few weeks to clear some brush and do some goatscaping.

I need them to eat everything!