Unlimited access >

I just found my cat dead, and I am feeling very guilty

Im sooooooo very sorry for your loss. Im happy I found this forum when I did, today on Christmas Eve 2023. I`ve read most of the replies on this thread, and it has helped lighten my heart to a degree.

My beloved cat Scrunchie passed away without warning on 4-25-2023. This will be my first Christmas without him, and I`ve done some ugly crying today. He passed away in his cat bed that I bought him for Christmas 2022.

I work out of home, and I heard a loud scream from him that I never heard before. It was after my last break at 3:45pm. Their was no warning whatsoever. He was here one minute, and gone the next. On 7-28-2023, my doctors office sent out the mobile crisis team due to my emotional breakdown. After all the questions I answered, from the crisis team, It was determined I needed to go to the ER, where I spent six hours. They finally decided I was safe to go home later on that evening.

Im in grief therapy now, and its alright. That being said, my heart and soul are aching to be re united with my soul cat Scrunchie. I thought it was my fault that he passed away. I got my head into the maybe’s. Maybe, I didnt do this enough, maybe I didnt do that enough, etc. etc.

After reading this thread, I think he died from sudden heart failure, that sometimes even Vets, can`t detect. I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss, and that you are not alone. I live alone, and am not feeling celebratory for Christmas Day. Scrunchie died on the 25th of April, and tomorrow ironically, is the 25th of December. I miss him so much that their are no words in the dictionary to describe the enormity of the pain I feel.

All my kind thoughts to you, and so much more,
Joe

3 Likes