Unlimited access >

I know you are probably sick of this trailer stuff but... I found the 'one'!! pics included!

See, I told you the right one would come along.

If you haven’t gotten the hitch and brakes yet, try a trailer dealer who specializes in trailer maintenance rather than sales. You will need this person/firm for yearly maintenance anyway. You should also be able to find someone whose primary business is hitches. In a pinch, U-Haul will be able to do it. Just check the plug on the trailer so you can tell them the kind of adaptor.

I know seriously, I am a total spaz at this point. This is the first real trailer I have found in weeks though! As soon as I find one I will never post another trailer question again I swear!

One stall

Wow, before I could even post, telling you to hightail it up there and get it, you’ve already bought it! Congrats!

Yes, we have our second Circle J trailer. Our previous one lasted through 15 years of HARD use. The one you bought is only 2inches shorter than mine; it’s the size of my last one. It should be fine. The only warmblood we had that was squeezed in our old trailer was the size of a brontosaurus, so Chase should be fine. Whoopee!

“Friends don’t let friends eat fish tacos.”

Now all you have to do is load up and go!

I like trailer questions! And I like trailer shopping about as much as horse shopping! I just got a new Hawk GN–love it. I think I mentioned this before–go to www.horsetrailersonline.com. This is where I ordered mine. They’ve got a few used trailers, but they’re in PA or SC…

The trailer you mentioned sounds great! Let us know what you think of it. Good luck!

A close up of the feed bag area with the little front manger.

(I want to thank all of you who answered my numerous questions with patience. I really appreciate all of your help!!! Lets hope this one works out!)

I feel so relieved! I just kept telling myself that the ‘right’ one would come along and I would know it (I didn’t always believe myself but…)

This thing is like brand new. I can’t believe that it is mine! I can’t wait to get it home and give it a good wax and move all my stuff in (got to put some cool reflectors on it or something!)

Now I just have to find a place to get the correct plug and brake box and the right sized ball. Hopefully the local trailer place does it there or I will be lost.

I can’t wait to go somewhere! Yay

<<Now all you have to do is load up and go!>>

LOL, JustJump–or, NOT!

I thought having a trailer would be EASIER–now the hardest thing is deciding not only where to go, but whether to go at all! Seriously, when we had to call the shipper, that was it, we were going…now, it’s “hmm, weather looks kinda-iffy…maybe we will, maybe we won’t…” More than once my whole family was shocked to find us loaded up and going at sunrise when the sunset plan was to stay home! (Of course, that was when we had no one else shipping along with us; if there was a paying customer, we WENT!).

lol richard

ErinB from Florida never ever give cpr to a lizard

One of my Dressage friends has the same trailer and has hauled it back and forth to Califonia many times!!

Same vintage, only difference is hers has the tack rooms under the mangers. Wait, yours does too and soooo NEW looking!!! GREAT!!!

I am tempted to buy hers for 4000$.

Except I don’t have the money, haha and I may as well let our trainer haul my horses.

[This message was edited by Bumpkin on Nov. 03, 2001 at 07:04 PM.]

Why don’t you just high-tail it to the barn for a lesson?

Luckily the truck came with a HD hitch so all I need is the correct plug and brake box. I think Santa Ynez Valley trailers does them (hopefully) if not I will ask for a recomendation from them.

Now I am trying to decide where we should keep the trailer. We have a big hay barn that would be perfect, except for the fact that it is filled to the brim with vineyard equiptment. Maybe I should just keep it next to the barn with a big tarp over it. Would that work?

I’ve never heard of Circle J, but I just bought a new trailer with similar dimensions and I have a huge warmblood so I think you’ll be fine sizewise. Mine is a 2 horse straight load - 7’4" tall, 6’10" chest to tail, 3’4" chest to nose, and 2’10" wide. My horse is 17.1+ hh, has a long back, and is pretty heftily built…and fits with room to spare in the trailer.

I hope that helps. Good luck with your trailer search. This trailer sounds like it might be great if it really hasn’t been used much and Circle J is a good brand (I don’t know either way). I think I might have read that Merry bought a Circle J a while back though??? Maybe do a search?

Looks like a great trailer. I’ve heard good things about CircleJ’s.

Is it kind where you can remove the front panels so that you can lead the horse all the way in and then stand at his head? That can be a handy feature

and the color is sooooooo purdy!!

~Bucksnort~
“Work like you don’t need the money, love like you’ve never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.”

Yes - I love those butt or dutch doors in the back. I had a trailer with those and they were great! You can leave the ramp down for air and light but the horse(s) won’t be tempted to back up and/or bust the butt ropes/bars. A friend has one and her tempermental youngster sometimes kicks in the trailer if left inside. He kicks at air and now no longer kicks at all!

Congrats!