Unlimited access >

I lost my horse

Take your time, honor both your grief and his existence in your life. {{{hugs}}}

No wonder you are so heart broken. He sounds amazing and so connected to you too. And I sure have made mistakes and missed things and ugh. But he knew how much you loved him and you did your best. (HUG!!)

Iā€™m so sorry for your loss and glad you are here. Thereā€™s a thread in Horse Care about strangulating lipomas which has been difficult for me to read, since thatā€™s how a I lost my mare a few months ago, but also comforting to hear from all those other people who lost horses in the same sudden, shocking way.

And just a few months prior to losing that mare, my previous horse was euthanized due to neurological issues, so I really do feel your pain.

Keep looking at those pictures and videos and enjoying the happy memories while you cry. You will cry for a long time to come and thatā€™s ok.

I thought I was prepared for the tail to arrive from the vet clinic but wasnā€™t expecting the halter. For some reason seeing it just shattered my heart into a million pieces. It smelled like her when I opened the box, and I wasnā€™t expecting that.

Everyone grieves differently; thereā€™s no timeline and no right or wrong. Just be gentle with yourself

Hugsā€¦itā€™s never easy! Maybe you can post a photo of your beloved horse as a tribute?