Unlimited access >

I may have to put my cat down

We said goodbye to her at 8:30. She went peacefully.

26 Likes

Godspeed, Smokey :sleepy:
Know that she has Peace at last.

6 Likes

Hugs to you. I hope you find peace with this.

4 Likes

I’m glad it was peaceful. My deepest condolences to you.

She was a beautiful girl.

4 Likes

Thinking of you today. So painful and difficult to do an act of mercy. Rest in peace sweet Smokey.

2 Likes

Thinking of you. {{{{{Hugs}}}}} She’s at peace now.

2 Likes

I think that was @2DogsFarm who was thinking of surgery.

Ack, you’re right.

Thinking of you. She was so beautiful. You have without a doubt done the right thing, and given her peace.

3 Likes

Thank you for letting her go.

Gosh darn it, OP, I am so sorry. This makes my eyes tear up. Hugs to you. You did the right thing.

2 Likes

My condolences. I had to do that for my Emmy in December. It is hard but you did your due diligence and now she is at peace.

Susan

Hugs to you, OP and thank you for sharing the picture. Smokey was a beautiful girl :heart:

OP, you gave Smokey the best possible chance at a happy life. A lesser mortal would have declawed her (still legal in my state and endorsed by vet board).
I am sure there was an underlying physical cause for her aberrant behavior.

4 Likes

She was a beauty. Sorry

1 Like

I’ve never heard of a cat that aggressive towards family. Yeah, they can be difficult at the vet, but that’s a specific provocation. You really tried to make it work, but something wasn’t right. You didn’t let her down at all. That’s very unusual behavior for a pet cat. I’m so sorry.

2 Likes

So very sorry, doing the right thing sometimes hurts very much.

1 Like

Many hugs to you.
You gave her every chance but as others said, something wasn’t right. You gave her the greatest gift we can bestowe upon our animals: Giving them a dignified, painless death after a life of good care.

2 Likes

Your kitty was beautiful! So sorry for your loss.

1 Like