Unlimited access >

I met Willem in person!!!!

Maybe Ricochet and Pinchy should collaborate on a book.
We haven’t heard much from her lately.

Save a life, adopt a pet!

Opinions, differing and otherwise are allowed.

Malicious or nasty slights aimed at you, or any other poster are not allowed.

“Better dead than red?”

Shmon, I think you mean phonetic.
My husband talks to me in Russian all the time - it’s a good thing he doesn’t expect responses when he does!

He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant and she was the East River.

You call this english

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Redneck 101

Learn To Speak Redneck

1. The engine’s runnin’ but ain’t nobody driving = Not overly intelligent.

2. As welcome as a skunk at a lawn party (self-explanatory).

3. Tighter than bark on a tree = Not very generous.

4. Big hat, no cattle = All talk and no action.

5. We’ve howdied but we ain’t shook yet = We’ve made a brief acquaintance, but not been formally introduced.

6. He thinks the sun come up just to hear him crow = He has a pretty high opinion of himself.

7. She’s got tongue enough for ten rows of teeth = That woman can talk.

8. It’s so dry the trees are bribin’ the dogs = We really could use a little rain around here.

9. Just because a chicken has wings doesn’t mean it can fly = Appearances can be deceptive.

10. This ain’t my first rodeo = I’ve been around awhile.

11. He looks like the dog’s been keepin’ him under the porch = Not the most handsome of men.

12. They ate supper before they said grace = Living in sin.

13. Time to paint your butt white and run with the antelope = Stop arguing and do as you’re told.

14. As full of wind as a corn-eating horse = prone to boasting.

15. You can put your boots in the oven, but that doesn’t make them biscuits = You can say whatever you want about something, but that doesn’t change what it is.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I be en SWB filly und I be looken for en boy friend

Centaur Lives!!

Love my Quarter Horse!

GA Clique!!!

Like CGR said in a previous post, no accusations where made and there was no name calling. Just a little OT conversation on this thread between two friends. THAT’S IT!!! So Arielle, don’t start any name calling now.

Just try and get over it and continue on with the topic at hand. Willem…

sheesh

Love my Quarter Horse!

GA Clique!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by good booie:
Maybe we can Avery to talk?? Since he is a QH he can speak Redneck.

Love my Quarter Horse!

GA Clique!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn’t that have to be channeled through your communicator? Can we syndicate that? Dude we could take Avery to NASCAR events and have him do color commentary. How much would your communicator charge us for that??

“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.” ~ George Bernard Shaw

I will be glad to move this for you, feisomeday. I think that you are quite lucky to have met him. Everyone should know about this, immediately!

This too, shall pass.

Willem, have you ever considered going on tour? We don’t get to see any celebraties here in Vermont. I want to be part of the “met Willem clique!”

Vermont - where winter riders are real riders.

So, let’s get this straight… You two don’t believe in imaginary horses, but now you’re in a cyber-argument with one… Oh, so funny…

** Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious. **

I would just like to say I LOFF you WILLEM!!! And I loff your accent and I LOFF your posts!!! Thank you for always making me smile!!!

Appaloosas, always easy to spot.
http://community.webshots.com/user/ifihadwords4u

Oh Willem …

You’re such a diplomat! You should work for the State Department where I’m sure you could work miracles … even on your way to the bank.

And I’m very glad you could “giff ein hooter.” You always make me laff …

[B]The adventure has begun…[/B]
KT

Ooooh Schmon - I’m jealous. Ever since I took Russian in college I have wanted to visit Russia. Traveling conditions have not been ideal lately however. I plan to get there eventually - any tips on what to see and what not to waste my time on??? you can PT Me if you want so that we don’t get this thread locked for the willem lovers cause we are all kinds of OT

“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.” ~ George Bernard Shaw

Der howse arrest wot it be over, aber it haff beed too cold to go surfing except mit der wochen einde, wot it mean weekend, und then I don’t nott to can do it because I haff to wear mein saddle und go for rides und stuff. Und I haff all ready telled her I haff beed sick von haff pass for ein verrie long time. It don’t nott to make no difference.

Aber I haff new Ricky Martin album, wot it all be in Espanol, und zo I don’t nott to listen no more to Englaisch. Mein Oirish Harse friend Rufus, you proberbly remember his sehr giganto drinking problemo, he don’t nott to haff heared no Espanol singing before in Oireland, und zo now he be singing fornetically.

I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.

That’s a wrap folks. Let’s all put our Poo sticks down and move on to the next topic.

Love my Quarter Horse!

GA Clique!!!

LOL Arielle, maybe it’s you who need’s the boyfriend. You have completely missed the point of mine and CGR converstion .

Love my Quarter Horse!

GA Clique!!!

You are right FatAppyRosie,

I apologize.

cgr said she preferred russian. I responded “if that is easier for you”.

Sorry

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>you will immediately be told that if you don’t like it ignore the thread and don’t post about it!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This has been said about lots of different topics. Not just Willem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If you can read it without getting a headache enjoy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Funny…Willem has never given me a headache. Perhaps you are under too much stress?

“The power of acute observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” - George Bernard Shaw

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nhwr:
The one way to make sure a thread stays alive is to keep posting on it. Thanks, gb and cgr.

Myself, I totally appreciate Willem’s humor and perspective. And as I seem to recall, Willem has posted in german but I don’t think he like to make posts generally that make people feel excluded. But cgr; sprechen alles im deutch or en francais, si vous preferez.

We are all just here to have a good time. Of course that bothers some people and if they don’t have the mental resources god gave fungus, they only thing they can think of to entertain themselves is to rain on everyone else’s parade. That is OK, it just bumps the parade to the top of the pile so the rest of us can enjoy it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Я предпочитаю Русского. Спасибо.

However, I refuse to stop posting if NHWR is going to call me fungus!! Now that’s just not nice!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erin:
Uh, CGR, what exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

So you don’t like talking horse threads. We get it. But what exactly do you propose be done about it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I propose nothing. I propose you let me go about my business considering that I am not insulting anyone personally! I am merely stating my opinion!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Should we institute a new BB rule that no talking horse threads are allowed? OK… what about H/J fashion threads? Or which-helmet-should-I-buy threads? I personally think they’re more boring than watching paint dry. Because I don’t like them, should they not be allowed?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I’m sure some pro-approved helmet posters would definitely argue that the which helmet should I buy topics are extremely beneficial, as they can encourage posters into safety-dom! I agree they are boring, and while I may not enjoy the Willem posts they aren’t boring. Boring and annoying are two totally different things

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Should every frequent BB topic be put up for a vote of approval to decide if those threads should or shouldn’t be permitted? I’d venture a guess that every BBer has topics they can’t stand. Should we ALL go post on those threads? Or, as others have suggested, should we maybe just not read the threads we don’t like?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn’t that why we have polls - I’ll volunteer to start the poll!! Who’s with me?? If no one likes my posts, why are they reading them?? If I can skip over a thread I do not like, can they not skip over posts they do not like??

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Forgive me for being blunt, but I honestly don’t see what you’re trying to do here, unless it’s just poo-stirring… in which case, I guess your mission is accomplished.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I forgive you! I’m trying to state my opinion, that’s all. Opinions are allowed on other threads, but since this is a happy only thread I guess I’m not allowed to! Wait if I use a German accent can I post my opinion??

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>For the record, I don’t recall any posts expressing negative opinions of any talking horse ever being deleted or edited. In fact, I don’t recall moderators ever having to step in on one of these threads before. So I’m not sure where your assertion that negative opinions on these topics aren’t allowed comes from. You’re expressing your negative opinion right now, aren’t you? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darn skippy I am expressing my negative opinion right now and I see two moderators stepping in - I guess there is a first time for everything! Pardon me for not explaining myself correctly, negative opinions aren’t allowed period!! It has nothing to do with Willem himself!! Forgive me Willem. . . .

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>However, I fail to see the point in disrupting a thread that other people are enjoying just because you don’t like it. Your opinion is duly noted… unless you have some sort of constructive solution to offer about all this, though, I really just don’t see what point there is in continuing the mudslinging.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well all I did originally was rolleyes emoticon, there was no mudslinging what-so-ever in that. I still, other than possibly with Arielle (who is an e-horse correct?) have not slung mud at anyone, and if anyone has perceived that to be true, my most sincere apologies. Arielle and Willem I will be sure to send many baby gourmet carrots your way so that I can avoid any repurcussions being aimed towards me in your scintilating German and Swedish accents, respectively. I certainly have not had any complaints from the e-horses owners yet, merely the mortals who claim to be their companions.

Now what is your constructive solution - other than to tell me to shut-up??