Unlimited access >

i need help :(

Also consider if there is a market in your area for a pony with her qualifications. If she was sold 5 hours away there may not be a market. What skills/improvements are you going to make in a year that a professional wasn’t able to?

1 Like

This pony is not a bike. The pony they have now is not the one sold to them. It could have been injured you have no idea. Don’t think about doing anything without at least seeing and riding the horse first.

If it can not be ridden safely as it is not in work, it is not worth the money you have offered. It is only as good as its training which at the moment is nil.

It is harder to retrain than it is to train.

2 Likes

i’ve been trying to get the owners to purchase a new saddle for her. they use some off brand cheap cheap saddle that i don’t even know what discipline it’s used for. i agree with thechiropractic work, but i don’t think they would do that.

You need to understand how the horse world/adult world works. I say this as politely as possible because I think it’s always helpful to hear the truth.

The pony is sold. The pony was never yours to begin with. It’s unusual that you even have contact with the new owners, although that in itself is not a bad thing. It is absolutely not your place to try to convince the new owners to do ANYTHING much less spend money on chiropractic work or buy a new saddle because you do not approve of their “off brand cheap cheap saddle”. I really hope you did not say anything like that when speaking to them.

Their pony. Their choices. It is not your place to communicate with them other than the occasional “How is Pony doing? I miss her!”. If the pony is being abused or neglected there are steps you can take but this is not the case.

Do not embarrass your future self or your trainer. You’re too close to this situation. I suggest you walk away.

7 Likes

You are not downer. vice versa it’s sound very reasonable because in any case he like that horse but is not able to help it well.

2 Likes