Unlimited access >

I rode in Full Seat Breeches and Created a Monster!

Riding in knee patches now feels like sitting on a slip-and-slide. I’m more of a local show gal, but when my young horse starts going to shows in the spring you bet your silicone-covered-hiney that I’m going to be in my full seats, fashion be damned!

8 Likes

I like the SmartPak silicone for fall and spring but they are a bit heavy for summer. They do have a nice tan that I have used foxhunting.

I have a pair of Kerrits full seat for summer that I like. Not really silicone not quite fake suede but a decent stick.

I am a fluffy rider too. However I prefer low or mid rise as I am short waisted. Regular or high waisted come to about 3 fingers from my bra which is just not a good feel.

1 Like

I haven’t ever tried them, but people rave about these: https://www.smartpakequine.com/pt/ovation-ladies-celebrity-slim-secret-classic-full-seat-breech-19217

1 Like

Pretty sure Buckwild has a silicone fs in tan. It’s hard to find - not a popular colour for us DQs.

1 Like

Romfh Sarafina comes in a show tan color with a full seat. I think the color is called White Sand or Sand. That’s what I show in. I show in the jumpers, not the hunters, but if I was doing hunters I would still wear them. Knee patch breeches feel so slippery and thin.

2 Likes

Thank you for all your feedback! It is nice to see I am not alone. I will definitely take a look at the brands you suggested!!

Just a quick question, I loved my FS breaches for all the reasons you described but I switched to hunters at about the same time as my dressage breaches quit fitting and my horse grew a brain in his late teens. Have you tried jumping in them and do you feel you can get in a two point easily? New horse and I’d love to go back but jumping is what inspires a desire to stick. I don’t want to feel stuck in front of fences only over and after!

1 Like

I have 5 from HR farms (available on Amazon). They’re super cheap and durable. I have two in shades of tan, both show appropriate. All are high-rise styles.

1 Like

What does the material on these feel like? (I obviously read the description, but curious if there’s another brand you’d compare them to.)

Hate the name of these but looove them. I have several pair in different colors. And, like someone else said, now whenever I try to ride in knee patch breeches it feels like slip-and-slide in the saddle.

ETA: this in response to Tha_Ridge’s suggestion of the Ovation breeches. Don’t know how to quote (yet!)

3 Likes

Horze Grand Prix silicon full seats come in tan and you can’t tell the difference from a distance. I’ve worn then in the hunter ring before.

1 Like

Link?

One of the great features of this new format is how easy quoting is now.

If you highlight the area you want to quote a little grey quote box will appear in the upper left corner. Just click that and the part you highlighted will appear in the reply box.
Here is a screen shot of what I mean:

There is another way to quote too. It can be found in the FAQ thread in the technical help section of the forum - here:

1 Like

I jump in full seat. Most eventers I know jump in full seat. I don’t find it to be too sticky.

5 Likes

Eventer here, I love wearing my full seats for cross country. For stadium its a 50/50. If they are new and very sticky, I’m not a huge fan. As they age I love them.

3 Likes

They feel similar to Piper’s from smartpak, maybe a little lighter weight but not by much. Here’s the Link. the prices vary from time to time (and by size and color, always hate how Amazon does that) but I got all mine for under $45

1 Like

I jump in full seat britches all the time (Eventing and Jumpers). In fact, I do not think I have any knee-patch britches anymore.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

I agree with others - Having jumped in the full seats and also the knee patch, I don’t find I stick too much at all! I only jump up to the 2ft9/3ft level, so maybe as the jumps get bigger that changes things, but for me I am really loving them!

1 Like

Full seat all the time here, I don’t like the slip and slide feeling of your basic knee patch.

I love Romfh, but they don’t last like they used to. My one silicone pair died in 3 months, just the silicone came off on my saddle every ride.

Recently switched to Horze and BR, so far love both brands. I ride all 3 disciplines in them, find no issues getting out of my saddle for any of the phases.

2 Likes