I showed last weekend! 1.5 years post-accident.

Yup, I finally did it. I made my re-entry to the hunter show scene in grand style–2’ Long Stirrup Hunters, in my Rodney Powell vest in subtle chocolate and black over a brown sweater (hey, it blended right in…right!). Had one scary fence in warm-up, when I waited for the short one and he took the long spot, but my rounds were solid, I didn’t panic and I could even think enough to ask for leads over the oxers. In fact, I ended up champion!

My shoulder is sore, but then, it always is. A few people (those of long acquaintance) asked where I’d been and what was up with the safety vest. I have a short and sweet version of the story, and when I say 4 surgeries and doctors orders for the vest, they smile and move on.

So…I’m back! It felt so good, and my fitness is right on, so I wasn’t afraid I’d be loose and ineffective. I timed the prep well, too, building up from X’s to singles to tiny courses. Now…keep him and head back to the jumpers or sell and find a quieter mount for the hunters/eq? Decisions, decisions…

Congrats!!! Reading what you’ve been through, that must be huge!! Feels good to get back out there, doesn’t it? :slight_smile:

Very happy for you. I know it’s been a long and bumpy road, but it gives a lift to read that you’ve made it back!

CONGRATULATIONS ~ Nothing BETTER ~

CC CONGRATULATIONS :D:cool:

BE PROUD ~~~

YOU ARE MY HERO !

Big congratulations!!!:yes:

Congratulations! l
You have obviously put a lot of work into coming back.

Gotta say when I read the title I thought it said first shower! I thought wow what an accident that must have been big smile.