Unlimited access >

Ideas - Cat with high temperature, not eating, but . .

Yay!!

I hope today continues in a positive trend. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay progress! Hope today is another good day!

1 Like

This morning, Nigel actually came into the kitchen to eat with the other kitties! I know that sounds like a big whoop thing, but given that it’s been 3 weeks since he felt like doing that, it IS a big whoop! :slight_smile: He ate some dry, he ate a little canned, he’s bright-eyed, he’s drinking plenty of water, and he wants to go outside (but with zero body fat, that’s not happening).

And Beth’s breathing is better on the diuretic, so I’m cautiously optimistic. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That is wonderful news for Nigel and Beth!

Way to go guys! :smile:

1 Like

Awesome!!! I’m so glad to hear this! After feeling so bad for a while, it really is a big whoop! :+1:

1 Like

SO glad to hear he is feeling a little better. And I know how you feel - you’ll take even the littlest thing that shows some interest. Keeping my fingers crossed for more good news

1 Like

Yay for Nigel! I hope he just feels better and better!

1 Like

Little update: Nigel is down to a little over 5 pounds. That’s the bad. The good is that he has been very interested in food today, and grazing on dry since early this morning. Even eating a little canned. I got home from some quick errands this afternoon and he came running to me meowing for food. :slight_smile:

I ordered a protein and fat supplement for him - it’s formulated for cats recovering from surgery who won’t eat, and is complete, so hopefully tat will get him in better shape.

4 Likes

I’m glad he’s grazing. You might also try salmon oil. Mine wouldn’t eat it, but its very high in calorie. I’m going to try to introduce her to it again now that she seems a lot less queasy.

1 Like

I will see if I can find that. A couple of weeks ago he wanted nothing but tuna; now he wants anything BUT tuna. I tried him on some wild salmon in packages, and he’s not having it, so I’m not sure if the salmon oil will be something he’ll eat. He’s just really, really finicky.

I totally understand that! Mine is also super picky. She may have had some of my steak tonight… :smile: I got the oil from petco, it was on sale for under $10. I figured that was nothing compared to how much $2 a can wet food I throw out when she doesn’t eat it. She eats prescription Blue Buffalo. :roll_eyes: what can you do. She seems to have gained some weight back and played for a bit tonight so I’m happy.

2 Likes

Oh, I know - Nigel may have had one of my chicken nuggets tonight, too. :wink: But I was so excited that he actually WANTED it! And he ate a few bites of salmon just a bit ago. Finicky and capricious!

At least if he starts feeling better, I might not have 10 different cans of food in my fridge …

1 Like

If his appetite stays good, hopefully he’ll start gaining soon.

I’ve been buying Royal Canin mother and kitten dry food. Ridiculously expensive but Sammy and Snickers like it and have gained some weight back. Jellybean likes it alot too.

He doesn’t need the weight so he really likes it. :roll_eyes:

They also like the Fancy Feast broth packs.

1 Like

Graze on Nigel !

Love that he came running & meowing for snacks !

Sounds like a winner of a day !

Jingles & AO for a very good weekend !

1 Like

I haven’t tried that yet, because it IS terribly expensive! But it’s what Maximus and Tiny grew up on, so I may pick up a bag tomorrow. Nigel’s really been liking the Purina ProPlan Indoor formula (dry), and I’m almost out, so the PetCo run is tomorrow for sure. What else do I have to spend money on, right? :slight_smile:

I loved that, too! My heart just jumped up. I’ll feed him again before bedtime - hopefully he’ll eat some more salmon.

1 Like

Yes, because your income is THEIR income. You are just the servant. I am glad that he seems to be picking up a bit.

3 Likes

Well, one small mystery solved. Since Tuesday Nigel had a huge lump on one shoulder, but the vet thought it was a reaction to one of the shots. Tonight, I asked him to move over and realized it was an abscess. I wonder if that’s why he has been spiking a fever for so long? He was on antibiotics, which would inhibit the abscess from breaking open. Anyway, he goes back tomorrow, so it can get flushed. Poor guy!

I’m sooooo glad that Nigel is still eating and doing better but that’s aggravating about the abscess. One more setback for the poor baby!

If your vet sells Hill’s food, you might try a can of the urgent care food (a/d). I think it’s high fat, high calorie, and supposed to be very yummy.

1 Like

Lol, since the vet said Sammy has cancer my cat food budget has gone up exponentially. I do think they picked up some kind of virus too though.

After snickers dental all three quit eating for several days. Sammy especially can’t afford to lose much so when I found they’d eat the FF broth and kitten dry that’s what I’ve been buying.

Jelly bean has put so much on I may have to quit so much dry. Gotta love the easy keepers… lol

If you know he’s liking the one kind I’d just stick with it and maybe look online for the highest calorie food you can find and try it.

Hope the abcess heals soon and he keeps eating!

1 Like