Unlimited access >

Identifying Old Horse Trailer

My husband and I are looking at this old 2-horse trailer to fix up as a project, but we are stumped as to what brand it is. There is nothing on the trailer anywhere to indicate the brand, and it’s possible that it flaked off with some of the paint. We have searched the internet and nothing we have come up with quite looks like it. So here I am wondering if someone on here might be familiar with old horse trailer brands!

It reminds me of a Kingston…I think that is the name.

It reminds me of a Kingston too. Granted I live 10 miles from the factory so I see them all the time, and own one, so might be what I’m used to. It might be worth reaching out to Yered Trailers in MA, they’ve been around since the 70s and might know what it is.

2 Likes

Lots of old horse trailers on Facebook marketplace so look through those for a match. Out west, old trailers like that are often Mileys’. I had an old Pruitt which was more unusual. Have fun with it.

Its neat having that rack over the wheels like that. It would be really useful!

Merhow? I think that’s how it’s spelled.

According to my state registration, horse trailers have VINs. I do not know where they put it, but if you can find the VIN that might enable you to identify the manufacturer.

I’m have an old WW, the vin was on the underside of the hitch bar. They’d replaced the hitch on mine, so we had to register it as homebuilt.

I’ve seen other trailers with the vin inside the tack room door, or somewhere inside there.

To go with this thought - if the trailer was originally manufactured and sold in a state that does not require a trailer to be titled, it will not have a VIN. I bought a trailer from out of state once, had the full paper trail from beginning until me buying it. The trailer never had a title or a VIN.

I do agree that you should look all over for something that looks like a VIN to see if it may have one.
The trailer I bought, which my state assigned a VIN and a title when I bought it, we welded the number on the frame.