If I were a mare, I'd bite your leg...

so… I’m going to claim temporary disabliity due to this pregnancy- cause I just ain’t hacking it get things done around this farm.

so… I’ve come up with a few silly snippy things to say…

1, if I was a mare and you tried to ride me right now, I’d plant my feet and bite your damn ankles until you got the hell off.

1. If I was a mare and you tried to trim my back feet, you might get chucked against the wall… cause picking up one foot higher than an inch off the ground HURTS damnit.

2. If I was a mare and you suggested I MOVE ON… or MOVE OUT… I would pin my ears at you swish my tale, and tell you to stuff it!

Alas, I am spoiled by my ponies… all three of them have been extremely sweet with me and extra gentle since I’m not in the best of shape and not moving very fast. Last night during my forced exercise, my old guy walked ever so nicely next to me unhaltered unattached, completely at liberty if I stopped he stopped and would turn his head and be like “You ok?”

and Mir has taken to resting her nose on the belly. I’m waiting for the baby to kick her in the nose one of these times.

Three more months of misery.

LOL hang in there! Pal Princess was a go champ till the last trimester then it was swishy tails and grinding teeth. First pregnancy she was fine to do her feet and would hold them up for the farrier but the last pregnancy she became a leaner. We would just trim her in the stall and she would lean on the wall for support. I felt so bad for her especially when she would literally waddle through the pasture. I am like you though if anyone tried to ride me during the last months of my pregnancy I would have bit them too.
Scariest pregoo moment for me though was one of the mares we had in her last trimester liked to lay in the pond and she literally could not get up. She was non-plussed about it but us humans were in panic mode. We didn’t want to drag her out of the water and ended up getting everyone we could to just shove her to get her feet under her. She got confined to the smaller pasture after that. Irony in the whole situation was her filly HATED water except to drink. Bathing was a PITA game of dance dance revolution. She was not one to get too dirty though.

[QUOTE=leilatigress;5153786]
LOL hang in there! Pal Princess was a go champ till the last trimester then it was swishy tails and grinding teeth. First pregnancy she was fine to do her feet and would hold them up for the farrier but the last pregnancy she became a leaner. We would just trim her in the stall and she would lean on the wall for support. I felt so bad for her especially when she would literally waddle through the pasture. I am like you though if anyone tried to ride me during the last months of my pregnancy I would have bit them too.
Scariest pregoo moment for me though was one of the mares we had in her last trimester liked to lay in the pond and she literally could not get up. She was non-plussed about it but us humans were in panic mode. We didn’t want to drag her out of the water and ended up getting everyone we could to just shove her to get her feet under her. She got confined to the smaller pasture after that. Irony in the whole situation was her filly HATED water except to drink. Bathing was a PITA game of dance dance revolution. She was not one to get too dirty though.[/QUOTE]

I can totally relate to the mare who liked to lay in the pond… TOTALLY… reminds me of soaking in a bathtub… complete with needing a lift assist and all.