Unlimited access >

Illiana Stall Fronts/Barn Planning

Anyone out there have an experience with Illiana horse stalls or other products?

Looks like they are an Amish product, and for certain things (euro fronts) they are 1/2-1/4 the price of any other stall maker. Unfortunately, they come painted instead of powdercoated which probably won’t go well here in FL. They say they can have them powdercoated for an extra charge but haven’t heard back on price yet.
They look like they check out ok, but I couldn’t find any reviews.

If anyone has any other suggestions aka things in their barn they hate and want to rant about here is what we are planning:
6 12’ x 12’ stalls
8’ x 12’ wash rack
16’ x 12’ tack/feed room
used pavers for 12’ aisle
concrete base for stall walls
stall floors 10- to 18-inch gravel base, topped by 6 inches of clay or base rock topped with interlocking mats
euro style stall fronts, grill top dividers
double sliding or swinging barn doors?
outlets only in wash/tack/feed area to cut down on costs?
plumbing to each stall water bucket
metal or shingle roof?
some kind of fans

We’re not sure about construction type yet. What I really want is stucco block walls with a timber frame roof…match the house and…but that might be WAY too expensive. So I’ve been doing homework on construction types and see that you can also do hybrid stick frame walls with timber frame roof. If we can’t afford anything else I would be ok with just a post and beam completely as that is pretty conventional around here and shouldn’t be too outrageous.

I’m going to stain all of the interior wood including the ceiling. (yeah, I know, I’m crazy, but I actually really like doing detail work)

Thanks! :slight_smile: