Unlimited access >

Imothep (s. Indoctro) Semen Quality

Has anyone had experience breeding to Imothep this season; fresh or frozen?

A friend in Upperville just had a lovely Imothep colt in April. As far as I know she did frozen and had no problems.

Thanks for the information. Would you happen to know when the semen was collected and frozen?

I do not know that. I did see on his website that fresh is available in May. That may be the best bet for you! :slight_smile:

I have tried breeding to him the last 2 years. 2013 frozen around 30% and last year fresh with 65% both times no pregnancy. Granted 17yr old mare with previous foals but had a year or 2 off. This year I’m attempting to breeding that mare’s filly who is a maiden 6yr old (fingers crossed ) love this stallion!!!

[QUOTE=jenbrin;8148270]
I have tried breeding to him the last 2 years. 2013 frozen around 30% and last year fresh with 65% both times no pregnancy. Granted 17yr old mare with previous foals but had a year or 2 off. This year I’m attempting to breeding that mare’s filly who is a maiden 6yr old (fingers crossed ) love this stallion!!![/QUOTE]

He gets them pregnant. Nothing wrong with his semen.

I also did frozen in 2013. No issues with the semen at all, it was great quality. My mare is older too so it took all three doses (two different tries) to get her pregnant, along with lavage and oxytocin post breeding (since she did have an inflammatory reaction to the extender).

Vicki is super easy to work with and IME very honest so I would just direct any questions to her…