Unlimited access >

Importing from Brazil?

Has anyone imported a horse from Brazil? Any experience with or thoughts about Interagro Lusitanos as a breeder and seller?

My Lusitano is from Brazil, although he was imported originally by Casa Lusitana. Can’t help you with bloodlines, I’m afraid, but there are some Interagros competing at FEI levels in the US.

1 Like

No personal experience, but: Hobbit Interagro is a very nice Grand Prix stallion which has recently been approved by the German Oldenburg Verband.
They have been breeding for sport for quite a long time, and I have seen a number of them at shows over the years, at various levels. Interagro sponsors various awards in Wellington and I believe their reputation is good.
My Lusitano came from Brazil, as part of an auction group from the Do Retiro Farm back in 2006ish. I didn’t get him until a few years later. They bred some very decent horses but sadly are no longer in business.
Interesting reading. https://eliteequestrianmagazine.com/carmen-franco-and-vinho-dos-pinhais-win-interagro-lusitano-high-score-award-during-gold-coast-may-show/