Unlimited access >

In search of rubber/web reins

I have a set, lent them to a student at a rainy HT; though they did great in terms of grip, they are a little too narrow for her hands. They are not all rubber or all web, they are web with rubber threaded throughout - and have stops.

I’ll attach a pic. They are basically cheap Indian leather, and I’ve seen them sold in a lot of places, but it’s hard to find them in a slightly wider width. If anyone has any suggestions, TIA!

IMG_4019|375x500

The Correct Connect reins look like they might be similar but slightly wider? I do think they might be more rubber than what you have though. I own them and love them - they’re slightly more substantial then my previous reins, which I like because I have larger hands.

How do they hold up in the rain?

Fabulously - they’re the grippiest reins I’ve personally used and they don’t slip at all IMO

1 Like

Wow, thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

And now I want to buy a pair! I use the Nunn finer Soft Grip for flatwork and jumping and love them (I have a LOT of hand arthritis) and the ones I posted a pic of only when it’s raining; have had no issues, but they are “hard on the old gloves.”

1 Like

Came here to suggest Correct Connect reins also :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks like those specific reins are not approved for USEA - but the other ones seem to be.

Another big fan of the correct connect reins

3 Likes

Look at Evoequine, they sell many types of super grip reins, including therapy reins. I use the dressage soft block reins with great results, as do 3-4 other riders in my barn.

Several years ago I bought great rubber reins from Greenhawk - not sure the brand. What I loved about them was they were solid leather wrapped in rubber, whereas many rubber reins don’t have the leather core. Without the leather core, the reins tend to be too light and less strong. They lasted several years. I got rid of them when I transitioned to trail work only, so they never gave out on me.

This might be them. The descriptions implies they are leather core.

The correct connect reins are the best. I have them on all my bridles. Soaking wet xc, sweating hands during stressage, all of it. And it’s a small, woman-owned company!

4 Likes

Nice! :blush:

I’m thinking I should just buy them for myself and lend them to my students as needed. Lol!

One more vote for Correct Connect. I have four or five pair. Love them. I used to use Nunn Finer Soft Grips, which I like, but I like the CC reins better.

1 Like

Based on all the rave reviews, I am definitely sold! But curious: what specifically do you like more about the CC reins? TIA! :blush:

1 Like

they are stickier!!!

1 Like

Updating the thread: I just bought the Correct Connect and they are ON SALE FOR HALF PRICE ATM!!

Trying to convince my student to buy some but she thinks they will still be too narrow…

1 Like

For that price its worth trying. Im sure she can find a home for them at that price if they dont work for her!

1 Like

Right? I told her she could borrow mine and see what she thinks.

I just purchased 2 pairs at the discount. Can’t wait to try them.

1 Like