Unlimited access >

Indoor Rings In/Around Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania

Hi everyone!
I’m going to start looking at barns in the Spotsylvania/Fredericksburg/Stafford area and one of my biggest “must-haves” is an indoor with decent, maintained footing. Does anyone have any suggestions? Have you seen/rode/boarded at anywhere you recommend?
Thanks!:slight_smile:

Rosemont

Hazelwild has an indoor.

Thanks guys! I’ve heard good things about both…if you had to pick one of those, which one and why?
:smiley:

I’ve ridden in the indoor at Hazelwild and the outdoor at Rosemont, both for shows. Both were fine for footing. I do not know anything about the indoor at Rosemont, nor about the boarding itself.

Sorry.

Does Hazelwild still host the Mary Washington lessons and team? That might be a factor in getting enough time to ride without a very full indoor.

I went to Mary Washington in the late 1980’s, and kept my horse at Hazelwild for a year. It wasn’t a very good fit since I was an eventer and they were exclusively hunter-focused at the time, with a cranky elderly owner who got mad if I rode outside the ring. Hopefully things are better there now.

[QUOTE=teamfreewill;7895515]
Thanks guys! I’ve heard good things about both…if you had to pick one of those, which one and why?
:D[/QUOTE]
Rosemont seems quieter and from driving past both recently less mud