Unlimited access >

Inexpensive breeches

I’ve been looking for some new breeches that are good quality but are not outrageous prices. I ride in t-shirts in the summer so I was wondering what a good but not expensive breech is that t-shirts can be tucked into without weird t-shirt lines:) also I am a little over 5 feet so finding a small size breech has been pretty hard. Thank’s so much for any suggestions :slight_smile:

I really like the Smartpak Hadleys! They go on sale pretty often, too.

Thank you so much!!! Just looked them up and they seem great!

1 Like

I’m about your size, I like the Smartpak breeches, but I’m also a big fan of Horze. I’ve gotten all of my pairs off eBay for really good prices (in the neighborhood of 30-50 dollars), and they go tiny enough that they actually FIT me.

1 Like

Okay that’s great to know:) . It’s so hard to find breeches that actually fit me:(

Dover’s new Wellesley Breeches are very nice. I think they are $79 and seem to fit different body types.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all of the great suggestions I looked on smartpak and they seem to be on sale, also there’s a dover saddlery tent sale this weekend so I will look for some of the Wellesley breeches and If i can’t find anything then i will try the piper or Hadley!!!:slight_smile:

Another thought is to find the breeches that fit you best - regardless of price - then stalk eBay and Facebook groups for really good deals. I often find new or nearly new Trophy Hunters, etc for really good prices. It’s hard to find what really fits me so I stick with brands that I know will fit and be comfortable.

The Piper silicone knit ones are my favorite, too. I have a pair of regular Smartpak breeches and I don’t like them as much. My FAVORITE for summer are Kerrits tights. I rarely wear anything else unless I’m behind on laundry.

I’ve had good look finding used breeches for cheap prices on English Tack Trader (facebook group).

My best solution to this is eBay. :slight_smile: You can get some vintage/older Tailored Sportsmans that are still perfectly good but no longer “in style” because they don’t have the euroseat stitching. Middleburg Tack Exchange also always has a bunch in stock if you’re local to Northern Virginia. The first generation colored styles are great with a touch of give to them. Plus, the great thing about TS is that you can get them taken in/out as the seasons change and progress, I typically get a 28 and then let them out a touch for a perfect fit! I also like the more relaxed fit of this older breech. But then again, I’m an oldie at this stage.