Unlimited access >

Inspection information especially for Westfalen Registry

Hi,
I am currently in the process of getting my horse registered with the Westfalen registry. I was told in order to get the full registration I would have to take my mare to an inspection. What does the owner do at the inspection? What does the horse have to do? Do I give my horse to the people running my inspection for them to look at her or are there things I am expected to do?
I have never done anything like this before, so any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Tons of resources online. Start here: http://www.rhpsi.com/download/InspectionDayProtocol.pdf
There are a ton of videos on youtube as well, if you search “RPSI inspection” or “Westfalen Inspection.”

If you’re inexperienced, I recomend contacting the site you’re planing on going to and asking their cost for braiding and handling. That way you have to get the mare there, pay the fees and then you can sit back and watch.

I will go take a look at the videos and information. I am so glad to hear you can pay to have someone handle your horse at the inspection! I was a little nervous I’d have to do it lol
Thanks for your help!

Just tell the inspection host you need a braider and a handler, and ask what time to show up. Make sure your mare is in good shape, knows how to trot in hand, is easy to catch (as there is a liberty phase!) and attach snaps to the ends of a set of reins so they can be quickly clipped/unclipped from the bridle for the liberty phase.

Jennifer

Be sure to have your mare fit. There is a whole industry of preparing mares for their inspections.