Unlimited access >

Insulin pump? Anybody have one?

That’s my understanding too. It delivers the basal rate as it communicates with the CGM, and the I just bolus at mealtimes ir suspend it during exercise etc . I’m just really hopeful that maybe having more consistent delivery will
help me to feel better and not have these crazy lows like I’ve been having

1 Like

For those who have one, where do you wear it? Which location seems the most comfortable for riding?

We have different pump/sensor combos, but I do remember that when I started with the sensor, it took a while to “learn me”. I was reasonably stable, but I ran higher than I wanted to. It took a bit of time and then some tweaking of my insulin/carb ratios before it really started performing well.

I have the pump that clips onto my belt, but I wear my sensor on either the back of my upper arm or my thigh. I just recently started using my thigh and was worried that breeches would rub or dislodge it but have had no issues.

Oh! And I love hypafix tape. I live in a dry climate so don’t sweat that much but it’s the best tape I’ve used. I also get fun tape from The Sugar Patch.

1 Like

this is going to be the closed loop system, Dexcom6 CGM and the Omnipod, so it will be stuck to my body with no tubing etc .
The literature says it’s recommended on the belly, buttocks or back of arm.
I already have a Freestyle Libre 3 that I REALLY like, but have to change it to the Dexcom so it can talk to the Omnipod. So I’m used to having the CGM on my arm, I’m just wondering where might be the least obtrusive place to put the pump

1 Like

Just pm’d you a novel lol. But thought I’d share the one riding pic I have that really shows my pump.

1 Like

Ah I see it!! Thanks!! Mine will be under my clothes. Have you ever fallen on it?

I’ve been scared of that, figuring either the pump or my hip bone would come out the loser, but so far I haven’t. No matter what happens, I ALWAYS land on my back, no idea how or why!

Oh, except for when I was a dumb teenager and went face first into a tree, whoops :joy:

Oh ouch.

My SO says best places are on the front of your right thigh and right side of your belly (left side is at risk when you mount) The back of your arms isn’t bad unless you trail ride in the woods and you risk to get stuck in a branch/tree.
As for @Risuena it is still taking some adjustment (he has been wearing the pump for about six months) but his sugar levels are getting better . He is still using Freestyle waiting for Dexcom to be distribuited in Italy

Ok that’s a good idea. Just a note to your SO the dexcom looks like a real pain in the butt to put on . I have the Libre3 now and it’s much easier.

Not me personally, but my brother has the Omnipod/Dexcom combo. He used to have a Medtronic pump.

He loves it! He’s super active - a hockey player, and works in a plant. His blood sugar has been way more balanced with fewer intense spikes since he got the Dexcom - he was showing me the stats, and it was crazy.

That’s what I just got. There sure is a lot of stuff in this box lol. . I really hope it does what it’s supposed to. I’m glad to hear he likes it and it’s good for him …

Thank you! I’m not sure why your comment was flagged

Can I ask you how Dexcom is different from the Freestyle one? My SO has the Omnipod/Freestyle combo, his sugar levels are way better but they are not always consistent

The Omnipod and the dexcom “talk” to each other via blue tooth. The Omnipod and Libre are made by different companies so don’t talk to each other, so you have tubing…
I didn’t want tubing so I’m switching to the dexcom, but if all things were equal I would stay with the Libre because I really like it.
I have my training session tomorrow for the pump

I am definitely not qualified to explain, sorry. Jaeger’s explanation makes sense, though!

My daughter has an omnipod and the newest dex. She has no issues and the control has been very very good.

2 Likes

I started mine last Monday. So far so good and yes control is much better. I had to switch to Dex6 from Libre 3 for the pod. And I liked the Libre much better.

1 Like