Unlimited access >

Is anywhere as good as Rolex 3DE for a Holiday?

I’ve been to Rolex and loved it, can anybody recommend any other events -jumpers or 3de- that are comparable? World class horses/riders, Great action and shopping! anywhere in US or Canada, wondering about spruce meadows? TIA

Devon comes to mind off the top of my head, it is as good as it gets imo. I love the Penn National horse show in Harrisburg but the shopping gets worse and worse every year. You can get right up next to the best of the best riders however.

Wellington during the season (January-April)?

Can start planning for next year.

Badminton. It is the absolute best time 3DE to go to. I know its in England but its a real trip of a lifetime for confirmed 3DE junkies.

Well I’m a bit biased since I live south of Calgary, but I think Spruce Meadows-particularly the Masters held in September is something pretty special. You get top notch talent in show jumping, great demos brought in (previous years were the celle stallions, Anky, trick riders, etc), and a relatively large trade fair.

Having been to Rolex the first time - and having been to Devon I don’t think I would be Devon up there like Rolex. Devon is great don’t get me wrong but Rolex is a cut above - the challenge of the course and the beauty of the partnership between horse & rider meeting that challenge. Also being in Lexington when not at the horse park you can tour the racing stables and other sites and the shopping is like none I’ve ever seen so that makes it more of a “destination” show for me. Maybe I’m spoiled as I have Upperville and WIHS so close both I take off a couple of days from work to go watch. My “destination” wish list is Spruce Meadows, Badminton and/or Burghley, Hickstead, Dublin Horse Show and Aachen.

The only thing close to Rolex as far as cailber of horses in North America is at Spruce Meadows Masters.

Saratoga in August.

Sorry, England again. Burghley is sensational (I live 15 minutes away). Admittedly, though, it does get VERY crowded, especially on cross country Saturday.

If you decide you need a break from horses (fat chance), the shopping is to die for!

Quarter Horse Congress!

We love going to Bromont. Outstanding horses & riders, close to Montreal for evening excursions, a lovely countryside to explore. The shopping is not what it is at Rolex - but it has been getting better and better each year.

WEG? I haven’t been so can’t compare it my Rolex experience but it sounds great.

My first thought was the Masters at Spruce Meadows, as well. The one time I went to Calgary was the week before the Masters, and there were banners up all over the city for it already. I think they do a big international food fair in conjunction with the show, if memory serves me right.

Start planning ahead for the World Cup in Vegas, April 2015. It will be here before you know it, and ticket packages are already being offered.

what is at Saratoga in August please? any links :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the suggestions :slight_smile: I didn’t realise the world cup finals were back this year so will definitely look into that!
A few more questions if anybody can help?
Other than the Masters are any of the other tournaments at Spruce Meadows worth going to? As in do they still have international riders and some good shopping :slight_smile:
Are there any decent SJ shows run at the KY horse park? As in ones where the leading USA riders attend :slight_smile:

Come to Spruce for any of the big summer series shows…although the Masters is the one with the (Equi Fair) shopping and all the international food booths! :smiley: If you come during the Calgary Stampede Spruce is running the North American and new this year the Pan American…both will have international riders and on the Saturday and Sundays (barring really really bad weather) will have 50,000 plus spectators so get there early.

The nice thing that I love about Spruce is you can either reserve seating for not much $ or go mucho $ or just go early in the day and throw down a blanket over the free seats or on the grass and I guarantee nobody will move them or sit on them when you come back to watch the main class in the afternoon!

If you come during Stampede, well then you’ve got all that to see and enjoy, including the many free pancake breakfasts that take place all over the City every day…yummy! Then when you are tired of Stampeding head to the Rocky Mountains, they are spectacular and because you can always see them from the city you’ll want to head out to them anyway! LOL

Shopping? sure…which mall would you like and what kind of price point? Outlets are not so great up here but if high end is your thing…hot damn we got that in spades :lol:

Wellington is really starting to attract the top riders from around the world. The world’s #1 and #2 riders, Scott Brash and Ben Maher, both wintered in Wellington this year. Plus you get the best of the Americans, the best hunters, the dressage folk, and lots of top class polo to watch.

Thank You, this is giving me lot’s to look up :slight_smile:

Saratoga(NY) in August is probably the horse racing. I’m guessing that’s what Ghazzu was suggesting. Just google Saratoga racing and that should get you started. :slight_smile: