Unlimited access >

Is it possible to shorten field boots?

I recently bought a pair of beautiful semi-custom DerDau field boots, and I love them. When I ordered them, the person that took my measurements asked me if I wanted my boots tall, and I said yes because I like the look of the taller boots. When I received them, they fit perfectly around the calf, but the height was pretty tall- covered about three quarters of my knee cap. So I’ve been riding in them for about a month, but they have barely dropped at all (now only covering half of my knee cap). I don’t know of they will stay this tall forever, hopefully not. And if they do stay too tall, is it possible to send them back and have them shortened? Is it even possible to shorten a boot?

Thank you:)

You get get heal risers for your boots which should help. A really good shoe cobbler could also shorten them.

[QUOTE=SofiPony;7223340]
I recently bought a pair of beautiful semi-custom DerDau field boots, and I love them. When I ordered them, the person that took my measurements asked me if I wanted my boots tall, and I said yes because I like the look of the taller boots. [/QUOTE]

I’m thinking you ordered these boots from Der Dau - just call them up & discuss: they should be able to cut them down & return beautiful boots (I’d hesitate to have some random cobbler do it unless you’ve seen other work the guy has done & consider it equal quality)
I’d have this done sooner rather than later - at this time you have a lot of excess leather & a downward tension (“push”) that may affect how the boot settles … have a friend do some photos so you can email them to the company :slight_smile:

I second call Der Dau and the heel risers.