Unlimited access >

Is MSM still show legal USEF and/or FEI?

I thought I read somewhere that MSM supplement was going to be banned, but I can’t find it back in the FEI substance list?
Anyone knows?
Thank you :blush:

It has been a bouncing ball. Your guess why is as good as mine.

If you’ve reached your freebie limit on H&H, the short of it is, no, it’s not going to be banned for 2024. (But it was banned for a number of years some time ago)

https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/relief-as-use-of-common-equine-supplement-ingredient-can-continue-in-international-sport-839077#:~:text=Relief%20as%20use%20of%20common%20equine%20supplement%20ingredient%20can%20continue%20in%20international%20sport,-Becky%20Murray%2029&text=Relief%20has%20been%20shared%20as,prohibited%20substances%20list%20(EPSL).

Thank you!
Maybe I need to call USEF to be sure.
Very little info to be found online in the US, but if the FEI won’t ban it, then it’s unlikely USEF will, I would have thought :thinking:.

That’s reasonable, but still worth checking! At one of driver briefings we had an overview of FEI vs USEF drug forms, guidelines, etc. and fun facts I learned: some of the pheromones can test positive, it has to do with some bovine derivative used, meaning you don’t know what the cow who donated it was medicated with. But this is USEF, not FEI, it’s ok for FEI. Meanwhile, there’s an FEI approved platinum performance allergy supp that can give a USEF positive, while the other version is good for usef, not good for fei. Fun times. So it’s always good to ask. USEF is really good about that FEI, notsomuch. I’d like to know how long I have to stop using diclufenic/voltersn/surpass on ME to be safe, but I’ve just given up lol

Thanks DMK, it sure got complicated.
The pheromones testing positive is crazy. :roll_eyes: