Unlimited access >

Is the "Block" feature broken??

Just realize that, there are those we don’t care for, but also those that don’t care for us.

That happens in public forums, because, well, all kinds of people and their opinions are free to post.
Those that only want to hear one side of stories can go to other social media designated just for like minded ones.

All of us will have some we like, some we don’t, others we really wish would fall into an active volcano.
Being a public forum, I guess is up to us to learn to ignore those we don’t care for on our own, as much as possible.

We have already asked for an ignore function being essential for some, so please provide us with one in the next platform.

Let’s be patient, I think we will get one.:slight_smile:

FWIW, Mod 1 said the new platform will be Discourse ( https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/forum/technical-assistance/help-forum/10664488-report-site-glitches-here/page23#post10729432 ) post # 445

After a bit of research, Discourse is an Open Source produce (no licensing so clanter should be happy :slight_smile: ).

Looks to be very different than what we’re used to…

1 Like

I think Bluey’s point was that if the ignore feature did work, it merely makes the ignorer blind to the target’s post but does not block them from posting. A number of posters have bemoaned their inability to “ignore” me but then sent me a “follow” request!

Despite all the complaining that the “ignore” feature does not work, I really doubt many people would use it if it did work.

@YankeeDuchess I’m not sure what’s going on with your formatting, but I could fix it by just backspacing once at the beginning of the text that was formatting strangely.

I’d like to ID why that is happening for you, but you can also see how you post will appear in the post preview box on the right side of the page while you’re composing your message, and if something looks off, you can play around with it to fix it.

Wait a minute...I'm able to reproduce that formatting if I put four spaces 
at the beginning of my text. 

So, I think that’s the problem. Are you used to spacing before your “paragraphs” when typing?

1 Like

I found the mute feature but is there no way to block posters?

And @Bluey before you say it the people I want to block have nothing to add to the horse forums so I won’t be missing anything.

@YankeeDuchess people requested to follow you to see your post history. I had the same thing happen to me.

Ignore comes with TL 2:

This trust level thing is stupid but thank you for the information. I’ll eventually figure the new forum out but lord this shift has been the most complicated. Please excuse any stupid questions.

I know it seems stupid since you’ve all been here forever, but behind the scenes in the past two days, it’s already helped to intercept around 20 spammers from ever hitting the live site. Those settings are intended to keep brand new users from doing nefarious things on the site…unfortunately, everyone is currently a “new user.”

I’m going to see if there’s anything I can do to change the settings of when you have access to block a user.

5 Likes

How cool is THAT?! Wow!!!

3 Likes

Thanks! I know you guys are working hard and I appreciate all you do.

1 Like

I just checked and I forgot that I already changed a couple defaults for Trust Level 2 – you can get there are only 7 days visiting the site and you don’t need to have received a like from anyone.

So, full-on blocking should be enabled for most active users soon!

2 Likes

Is there a way to see if you’ve met all the requirements (or what still needs to be done) for TL2?
I thought I had found where it said what “level” I was at when clicking around the new stuff, but now I can’t figure out where I found it :woman_facepalming:t2:

I think your user summary covers it? Take a peek and let us know!

To get there, click your avatar, then your user name, then summary. How’s that? Compare to the requirements in the FAQ?

Thank you for the direct link, that helped a lot.

Yes! Thank you.
I was making it much more difficult than necessary LOL

I see all the data there. Is there nowhere that says ‘you are XYZ super user level’? (clearly that is a made-up level)

[quote=“trubandloki, post:28, topic:471456”]
I see all the data there. Is there nowhere that says ‘you are XYZ super user level’? (clearly that is a made-up level)[/quote

I see that it says you’re a basic user, which is Trust Level 1. It also says you’ve visiting 5 days, so I believe you should bump up to the next level after visiting two more days.

Thanks @Moderator_1. I was asking if there is a place for us to see that about ourselves.

When you click on your profile, linked above, and go to your summary, do you see the information listed there?

Here’s screenshot. Do you see this information when you go there? I see “Trust Level basic” and under Stats, 5 days visited.

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 9.07.36 AM

This is what I see on the Summary page:

Is the groups list on your screen shot things I have blocked?