Unlimited access >

Is the LIVE broadcast actually live??

I just paid mumble$44mumble to get LIVE broadcasting of WEG.

Now, despite what screens I go to, every one of them says “Live – starting at 2:10 (your time)”.

Since Normandy is 6? hours ahead of the East coast, that is hardly “live” broadcasting. Am I right to be disappointed that the actual “live”: broadcasting is on a 6 hour delay?

If I did not want to get up early to watch the competition as it happens, I would have expected to see “delayed viewing” or some such accurate description as the title.

Or am I just not going to the right screen?

Nothing starts until tomorrow.

“Live” is actually live, but there was maybe a 15 - 20 minute time delay for the opening ceremonies.

The next events start on Monday. The first event is Team Reining, Round 1 which airs at 8:45am local (Normandy) time which is 2:45am US Eastern, 1:45am US Central, 12:45am US Mountain and 11:45pm US Pacific. It remains to be seen how quickly they will archive events for subscribers because I am not planning to be up all night watching some of the events. The afternoon events over there will be broadcast in the morning here in the states, so they should be ok to watch.

But on the results page, they are actually showing results.

And why would they have the opening ceremonies and the trot up a full day and a half before they start to show?

Can someone please give me the link to the right page when they do start showing the live performances? I am SO FRUSTRATED!!!

I went to the StreamHorseTV blog page and got the link to the FEI TV schedule. Here’s the link. http://www.feitv.org/live Then I clicked Sign In and entered my login info. Hopefully, that will work for you tomorrow. Honestly, I am finding the FEI TV site very hard to navigate. Maybe it’s just because there is so much to watch. I did notice that now they have dressage starting before reining, so it seems like the schedule is still evolving.

Someone on the other “How to watch…” thread said the Replay tab was not providing replays.

And a results page??? I didn’t even know there was a results page.

Good luck and let us know if that link gets you to the correct content.

Duplicate post. Sorry.

LH, once you log in, click on LIVE at the top of the page. It will list all the times and performances…Sorry about the timing but I am sure the Organizing Committee had their reasons to schedule the way they did…

OK, maybe I’m stupid, but if it starts at 2:10am EST, that’s 8:10am in France. Yes? And isn’t that the time it starts? How is this a 6 hour delay?

Somebody got their AMs and PMs mixed up !

what results page are you looking at???

2 AM Eastern sounds about right for events starting at 8 am in Normandy

The FEI TV schedule link lists the starting time in “your” time zone and has a countdown clock in hours and minutes to the event. For example, right now it’s 4:56pm CST (my time) and the first event listed on the schedule is Dressage, and it says the start time is 1:10 my time and that’s 8 hours and 12 minutes from now. So yes, that would be very early in the morning, my time. The FEI TV schedule uses the European 24 hour clock. So 1:10 is indeed 1:10am early morning my time, whereas 13:10 would be 1:10pm (afternoon) my time.

[QUOTE=Eventer13;7728845]
OK, maybe I’m stupid, but if it starts at 2:10am EST, that’s 8:10am in France. Yes? And isn’t that the time it starts? How is this a 6 hour delay?[/QUOTE]

There is no 6 hour delay. Some confusion may have been created by the “highlights” being listed on the live schedule. The highlights are not live.

[QUOTE=Equibrit;7728871]
Somebody got their AMs and PMs mixed up ![/QUOTE]

no one confused am or pm. see above.

[QUOTE=Equibrit;7728871]
Somebody got their AMs and PMs mixed up ![/QUOTE]
Yes. That would be me. :slight_smile:

Somebody also got their days mixed up, thinking that the competition would start the day after opening ceremonies and the dressage trot up.

Why can’t the rest of the world do AM and PM, especially when the time is before 12 noon, so the beginning of their day looks like our day unless the time is followed by AM or PM to clarify it.

I am on heavy duty brain meds right now. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it. :slight_smile:

I emailed FEI TV To ask how long before the replays would be available. He said 3 to 4 days

We’re getting lifestream via Clipmyhorse at least. No TV coverage from the German TV stations. Go figure…
Karen Pavicic just made near 70% wootwoot. This horse cam to the US via us and was discovered by David and Susan Siverman who have had an incredibly high percentage of their finds go on to international competition :slight_smile:
Apparently some of the Dressage riders have complained about the footing. Considering dressage shows were run on plain gras in the old ages I think the footage might be ok lol

Tanya Konyot coming up next…

Taking 3rd right now there were a few little hitches but tons of expression in the first passage tour from Tanya. Great job!

thanks Kareen, All I get to watch is the real time score. AL in a 1/2 hour

Where are they posting the live results? I keep hitting the “official” score page, but they have only posted the first 25 riders. Riders 26 - 33 should have gone by now. Are they in a delay?