Unlimited access >

ISO 2010 TB mare Rare Match

I would appreciate help finding Rare Match. She last raced in April, 2017, at Penn National. Her owner/trainer was Jose Guadalupe Guerrero. She was likely stabled at Parx and ran there as well.

Though I am not Rare Match’s breeder, I own her dam and would like to give her a home.

Have your tried contacting her owner / trainer?

A friend of mine (trainer with connections) has reached out to people at Parx and reached dead ends… I am not on Facebook or I would hit the OTTB pages/rescue pages there. I have also contacted the placement folks at Penn National (New Start) with no response.

It appears she’s gone back to the breeder–current owner is listed as James H. Falk, Sr. in VA.

Hi, Simkie,
I am curious where you found that. I am in close touch with Mr. Falk and he does not have her. She was claimed from him in 2014. We are both quite interested in finding Rare Match.
Thanks!

He’s the owner of record with the Jockey Club.

Equibase has the owner as the trainer. Have you contacted Mr. Guerrero?

And the Jockey Club lists the breeder as the current owner, which seems to indicate the mare was transferred back to him. Perhaps the breeder completed the transfer in an effort to get any info about her current location? Not sure.

JJ says they have attempted to contact the trainer with no luck.

Found her! She is safe and sound, enjoying her second career.

5 Likes