Unlimited access >

ISO a show jumping trainer to take a few lessons from while in London

Any recommendations for a top show jumping trainer in England? I will be there in December 2016 and would like to ride a few times. Looking for someone with a good, honest reputation who is friendly (but not kiss a$%) with good solid constructive criticism. Hoping someone here knows of a good one across the pond! Thanks!

When you say “London” do you mean the central part? You can hack in Hyde Park, but as I’m sure you know, there are no actual barns in London. Well, except the Royal Mews! :wink:

Will you have access to transportation or do you need a barn that’s close to a rail station?

As the name suggests - I am an American who has lived in ldn for 8 years.

I can highly recommend Greenacres Equestrian in Harpenden. It’s a short train and then taxi ride. They have a fabulous showjumping and lesson yard. Phillip Miller rides out of there and he’s won Hickstead. Pennie Cornish owns the yard and is a top producer. Also Joe Maher is an up and coming trainer/rider and amazing instructor.
Check out their website - http://www.greenacresequestrianltd.co.uk/index.html and you can call the office to arrange lessons.

Feel free to PM me with any questions/other suggestions!

Anne, I’m thinking I’ll be in the dead center of London, going with a friend to see the Harry Potter Play at the Royal Palace Theatre. I thought of either renting a car or taking train/taxi. Thank you Idnrider!! I will look them up and will most likely be sending you a pm! :slight_smile: