Unlimited access >

ISO boots and bridles

My 18th birthday is coming up so I am trying to decide what to spend my birthday money on. I am looking for suggestions on (human) tall boots, open front boots, hind pinch boots, and a figure 8 bridle.

Tall boots: I was thinking about the Parlanti Ocala or Miami but I hear the zippers break so looking for suggestions on similar boots or reviews on the parlantis. Budget around $1000.

Open fronts: I am looking for open fronts for my large warmblood mare. I have equifits for my other horse but they are too small for her. Looking for other brands to try out. I have heard good things about the veredus boots. Any other suggestions that may be cheaper?

Hind pinch boots: I have tried the veredus pro jump boots and really like them! Does anyone have experience with other maybe cheaper brands that make pinch boots? Should I just buy my own pro jumps?

Finally figure 8 bridle: trying to find a cheap o/s figure 8 but with good quality leather. Has anyone had experience with the royal collection bridles? https://www.bridlesandreins.com/collections/bridles/products/royal-fancy-square-raised-mexican-adjustable-bridle-with-padded-jaw-broad-cut-head-piece-reins
Trying to spend less than $100 on the figure 8.

Thanks!!!

I would get the parlantis but don’t school in them, just for show unless you have more money to blow.

Veredus carbon gel open fronts
Get doda hind boots. His design.

Since you’ll really only use the above boots for show it’s fine to spend the money.

School in something like eskadron flexisoft.

I have two friends that have the parlantis, they like them but they do not hold up well to riding every day. Also it is suggested that you only clean them with certain types of cleaner… I think the parlanti boots are very pretty, but I love my Monaco Boots. I only show in them, and I ride in a pair of Volants.

I personally don’t love the Royal figure 8’s - the fit is weird.

My RS figure 8 fit well, but I also ordered extra pieces to fit my horses odd head.

Also, I could be totally wrong, but wasn’t there talk of making pinch boots illegal? Either way, I really like the Professionals Choice open front boots! They are affordable, nice, durable, and they fit very well. I got a ton of compliments on mine, my last show out.

The CWD equifits are lovely. The memory foam is thicker than the original ones.

[QUOTE=Belmont;8873131]
My RS figure 8 fit well, but I also ordered extra pieces to fit my horses odd head.

Also, I could be totally wrong, but wasn’t there talk of making pinch boots illegal? Either way, I really like the Professionals Choice open front boots! They are affordable, nice, durable, and they fit very well. I got a ton of compliments on mine, my last show out.[/QUOTE]

I will definitely look into that! I will not be buying them if they are illegal! Thanks!

[QUOTE=greywithchrome;8873098]
I personally don’t love the Royal figure 8’s - the fit is weird.[/QUOTE]

Did they run big or small? They are so much cheaper than my other options so I’m thinking I will try it.

Why not spend more $$ on your horse’s stuff and less on yours? $800 boots and $300 bridle for example.

[QUOTE=cleozowner;8873982]
Why not spend more $$ on your horse’s stuff and less on yours? $800 boots and $300 bridle for example.[/QUOTE]

She already has a bridle and I am just looking for an extra for schooling. If I can’t find a cheap one I will just use the one bridle I have for showing and schooling.

Cheap bridles with good quality leather do not exist. You will not regret spending more money there.

I have a set of the Eskadron Air something or other open fronts that I quite like. Ventilated, light weight, easy to clean, tab closures, inexpensive.

I have a royal bridle. It’s not as nice as my high quality bridles but I definitely like it and it looks great. I don’t have to figure 8 so can’t comment on the fit of that one but did find that the noseband on mine was a little smaller than other fulls. I would think that that wouldn’t be as much of a problem with a figure 8.

I have no problem with inexpensive bridles. Some of my longest lasting ones are my cheapest ones :slight_smile: I wouldn’t show in them, but they are still useful.
Figure 8s are usually spendy though. Do you have a used tack store near you? They should have some

How much does a use figure 8 caveson go for on ebay or the Facebooks? Do the math and see if it’s less total cost to buy a cheap new or used bridle and stick a new or used 8 caveson on it? Just brainstorming, since this is for schooling. Not all cheap bridles are bad, and some big names are really no better than the cheapos now.

Eta - - $45 or so just for a basic 8 caveson, new.

If you’re really looking to spend $1000 on tall boots, consider looking into customs?

It’s my opinion (and experience) that zippers break on boots because the boot does not fit correctly. I have an 8 year old pair of custom Der Daus that I have beat the crap out of and never once had a problem with the zips. They also don’t sag at the ankles, pinch anywhere, or suffer from any of the other problems commonly associated with off the shelf boots. :slight_smile:

My only experience in customs is Der Dau (though I have a pair of Celeris on order), but there are other brands that are equally revered and a $1000 price tag is certainly in the ballpark for partial, if not full customs.

[QUOTE=StormyDay;8874495]
I have no problem with inexpensive bridles. Some of my longest lasting ones are my cheapest ones :slight_smile: I wouldn’t show in them, but they are still useful.
Figure 8s are usually spendy though. Do you have a used tack store near you? They should have some[/QUOTE]

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I don’t either - I have a good handful of older ones. However, my recent attempts at finding quality bridles under $100 have led to leather that feels like cardboard, stretches way too much, peels or flakes, or has weird sizing. So, given the requirement of quality leather, my 2 cents is to spend more (e.g. a Bobby’s for $150-$200) and not have to replace it.