Unlimited access >

ISO Eventing barn

ISO Eventing barn for a client in the Hoboken, Weehawken, Jersey City, West NY, area.

Horse needs very specific feed and turnout needs, rider needs structured program.

Professional barn/trainer preferred!

You will not find anything in that immediate area. You will have to look west out to west of 287 or a ways south of 78. You’re probably looking at least an hour away without traffic.

Prepare to drive!

I have friends who’ve had good experiences with Chelsea Nix at Penwick Sporthorses, and Sarah Stinneford.

There’s also Cloverfield Equestrian Center in Whitehouse - beautiful facility, gorgeous XC jumps in the back field, and not a terrible drive from the Hoboken/JC area. The owner is nice, I don’t know their trainers well but they seem to have solid resumes. I can vouch for that little corner of Hunterdon County as I used to ride down the street - it’s convenient because it’s just off 78 and 22, but feels super idyllic and quiet.

Tough to find something in that area. Holly Payne is in Oldwick. Professional rider-sister to our Olympic Alternate Doug Payne and her mom is Marilyn Payne who either judged the Olympics or was on the ground jury. https://hollypayne.com/
Looks to be 50 minutes without traffic.

1 Like