Unlimited access >

Israeli Olympic Team Surprise

https://www.worldofshowjumping.com/en/News/Israel-s-team-for-the-Tokyo-Olympics-announced.html

Daniel Bluman will not be going because his horse is registered as U.S. owned.
His reasoning given to the FEI was eye opening. The Tribunal was quick to point out the holes in his argument. https://inside.fei.org/system/files/28.%2020210625_Final%20Decision_Appeal%20Bluman%20A21-0004.pdf

1 Like

ā€œThe heart and soul of the Israeli teamā€ heā€™s not full of himself at all is he? :rofl:

5 Likes

Iā€™m surprised that he claimed that the LLC didnā€™t exist when it was so easy for anyone to prove that it did.The FEIā€™s position about that, begins at 27.5

Did you see this? Yup itā€™s the big bad FEI out to get ya! :rofl:

I didnā€™t see that, but Iā€™m not surprised. He did try to pull a fast one with his insistence that the LLC did not exist.

The Olympics are a big deal. There are rules. Itā€™s not that difficult to make sure you are following them.

8 Likes

Oh no!

I asked about how corporate ownership might work on the Dressage board about the two dressage riders out of Tokyo Olympics due to horse registration.

Sigh.

If it was such a dream of yours perhaps you should have read the multiple emails the FEI sent all of the nominated riders. And had someone close to you who knew how to do the paperwork. Its complicated but not hard. If you can have an LLC holding in a ā€œfakeā€ company name you can figure out how to register it correctly. No sympathy, especially when heā€™s had an entire extra year to get all of this straightened out.

18 Likes

I no longer ride and was certainly never any kind of competitor but even I knew this rule existed.

It has come up before.

There is no excuse for anyone who considers themselves an international competitor to not be aware of rule under which they must play.

8 Likes

What a goof. Not surprising, with the way they run their barn. Working with them was literally always a clerical disaster.

3 Likes

Yeah and the FEI said it sent out MULTIPLE emails about ownership issues months and months in advance and they heard crickets back soooo.

1 Like

A company may own a horse, together with a named person, for purposes of registration. It is stated in the FEI info about ownership. The only ā€˜Sighā€™ necessary is that a rider could be so stupid as to ignore the rules, then scream and shout about how unfairly he has been treated. Even I know about the January registration date because it is highlighted every 4 years as the Olympics come round again.

6 Likes

Sigh, sigh, sigh!

Lol.

1 Like

He has 21 days from the date of the FEI decision to appeal to CAS, so only a few more days to do that. Itā€™s his own fault so Iā€™m not wasting any sympathy on him though, he comes off as a spoiled brat in that notice AffirmedHope posted.

I think itā€™s too late. Theyā€™ve already named their team.

Some of these comments seem a little unnecessary. Yes, he messed up big time. But he is also one of the few top riders/trainers who is vocal about the (un)affordability of this sport in the US and seems to actually try to do something about it. I donā€™t think the term ā€˜spoiled bratā€™ is warranted.

3 Likes

When you had ample warning and notice to fix the issues and then refuse to take responsibility for your mistake, you sound like a spoiled brat. He only has himself to blame, especially with all the receipts the FEI has.

3 Likes

He talks a big talk, but from behind the scenes he doesnā€™t do much. He gives ā€œopportunitiesā€ then screws over working students, withholds money from staff. I wouldnā€™t put too much effort into defending him.

3 Likes