Unlimited access >

It's Coooollldd! Lets Vent!

The cold snap broke, the weather warmed up, and someone was dreaming of a white Christmas…

4 Likes

I’ve been griping about this for ages! People are on about all sorts of “green” things, saving energy, and “improving” automobiles, but what about just insulating homes?! I feel like that would make a difference. I don’t know how builders are able to still sell poorly insulated homes in this day and age. It shouldn’t be allowed!

I was chatting with someone when I met them while out walking my dog and they had just moved into a newly built home in the area, I asked them how they were getting on with everything, and they actually said their home was freezing. Yes it’s been cold, but come to find out there is no insulation in some parts of their brand new home, and the rest is really poorly done. They would’ve rather the builder cut corners elsewhere. No one picked up on this prior to them buying and moving in, and has a buyer they just didn’t expect it out of a brand new home.

There’s also some split level (God I hate that style) homes around here that aren’t so old but have no insulation in their overhangs… Wtf?

Blows my damn mind.

Good insulation, windows, and doors, make a huge difference!

4 Likes