Unlimited access >

Ivermectin $$

@SolarFlare. I was just going to mention the same. Last time we went to KY for the Keeneland Sale, we stopped by the TSC that was close to our hotel. Generic Ivermectin was, if I remember correctly, was around $3.95. Got looking at the labeling. Made in Canada, in Cambridge.
Called the barn owner, asked her how many she wanted, too. Bought every tube they had. Lol

1 Like

Fwiw, I just ordered my Equimax from Farmvet as it was the best price I could find in a (cursory) Google:

I don’t order from them real often, but have never had a bad experience.

1 Like

I had to order online from Heartland Vet, no one else had it at reasonable prices.

1 Like

I work at a feed store inCanada. All of our suppliers have taken it off their websites but still have it. So we haven’t had issues getting it.

It’s amazing how many “horse owners” don’t have pictures of their horses :roll_eyes::joy: or how many people are picking it up for a friend in the interior. :roll_eyes:

P.

3 Likes

My mum tried to buy a tube to split between her two little guys last weekend, at the local Peavey, and because she doesn’t usually shop there (just was in the area), they refused to sell it to her! And lord only knows, 90% of the pictures/conversations on her phone are about the two little old Hackneys.

2 Likes

My TSC has some in stock, they had two boxes. One box was the Durvet apple flavor, not sure of the other box. Might be a good idea to check your local TSCs if anyone needs some.

1 Like

Not only is there not enough left for horses, people are poisoning themselves trying to translate horse dose into human dose. (cue forehead slap here)

My niece the vet got a letter from the state vet board to inform her that if she prescribed ivermectin and it went into a human, she would lose her license.

2 Likes

Do you guys remember before the patent expired when it was $19.99 a tube back in the 80’s? When the patent expired and generics were available and it went down to $1.99, it was like a miracle!

5 Likes

In my area of Arizona, which includes several independent/family owned feed stores plus a TSC, there isn’t any Ivermectin. And I really needed to de-worm my new young horse because I’m not sure what all he brought with him from his pasture in Colorado.

All I could find was a half-dozen tubes of Quest (prefer not using) and one tube of Panacur. One. For $10.95. So I got that.

Am ordering Ivermectin from Valley Vet or someplace like that next. This is so ridiculous.

2 Likes

Good luck with that. All the online stores are out too. I managed to score the last tube of Ivermectin I needed from Heartland Vet Supply, and bought the other two from Stateline Tack. Which were the last 2 tubes Stateline HAD!

2 Likes

OMG! So are all the nut cases buying our de-wormers? Even online?!?

2 Likes

Can confirm this is true. We had one person try to buy 100 tubes. Found his Amazon store that was selling it for $60/tube. We cancelled his order.

4 Likes

That is the point of my post.

Yeah, I get that now. Guess I was a little slow on the uptake. It’s just so hard to believe it’s really true, I suppose.

1 Like

I just paid $17 for Equimax at TSC

3 Likes

I just found some on Smartpak. I think I paid $10 a tube for Equimax. Some of the other versions aren’t shipping for a couple of weeks/back ordered.

1 Like

Just got my fecals back on my horses and decided to go ahead and buy spring dewormer. Valley Vet is out of stock. TSC had Zimectrin Gold for $15.99 a tube in stock so that’s what I bought. Valley Vet was $13.99 but I decided to get the stuff when I could.

So that’s today’s retail report! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Zimecterin Gold and Equimax don’t have any issues due to not being just ivermectin. Safe-Guard and Strongid are hit or miss. Anything that is just ivermectin - we have been told there is a backorder for MONTHS.

1 Like

But if folks are gonna de-worm themselves for COVID, why not just go ahead and get rid of their tapeworms and bots at the same time? :laughing:

8 Likes

when this was getting discussed in CE, someone said that the small improvements seen with COVID patients given ivermectin were among populations likely to have internal parasites. So the ivermectin improved their health, but didn’t affect COVID directly.

2 Likes