Unlimited access >

Jingles for Figaro

Happy (?) April Fool’s Day. Have kitty #2, Figaro (Mr. Toothy Yawn in the picture thread) at the vet’s this morning after an unhappy urinary day yesterday.

Confirmed on X-ray that he has two largish stones blocking his urethra. Our local vet will unblock him, run urinalysis, etc. They will be sending the stones off to ID since he’s been on Hill’s Prescription C/D canned food for almost a year, on fluoxetine for the same time period, has multiple water sources (filtered tap and distilled, fountain and still), and gets Cosequin daily.

If he has to be catheterized and monitored overnight, he’ll have to go to a 24 hour vet 45 minutes away since no one offers in person overnight observation in our home county any more. We may have to have a hard conversation since we JUST had PU surgery done on Fawkes a month ago (bye-bye tax refund), and while there’s room back on the CareCredit, that’s another huge commitment. Hopefully they’d be able to do the surgery at the emergency clinic so we’re not driving between three vets again for care. :sob::sob::sob:

16 Likes

:chains::chains::chains::chains::chains::chains: for Figaro.
Hoping he can put the problem behind him :crossed_fingers:

I lost my fat, orange, lovebug Cheeto to FIC.
After his 3rd episode in as many years, I decided neither one of us wanted to go through that again :crying_cat_face::cry:

2 Likes

Jingles for Figaro!!!

2 Likes

Jingling!!!

2 Likes

Poor guy. He must be hurting. Jingles for a successful recovery.

3 Likes

Vets consulting now for plan of action.

1 Like

Many Jingles on the way for Figaro.

2 Likes

Jingles from me and all the kitties! Having gone through this twice, I feel for you so much.

1 Like

Poor guy! You have all my sympathy – Big Jingles for Figaro!!

2 Likes

Well, he’s spending this evening at the vet’s that did Fawkes’s PU surgery, and it’s looking strongly like he’ll be getting re-plumbed as well tomorrow morning. This is after spending the last 10 months on all the preventative things the vet told us to put him on. It worked until it didn’t.

It’s only money, right? And bringing our seven-year-old kid’s cat home is worth all of it.

22 Likes

Sending lots of jingles to Figaro!

2 Likes

Big jingles for precious Figaro, and hugs for you.
:link: :chains: :link: :chains: {{{Hugs}}}
:heart: :heart:

1 Like

Sending all my best wishes from Florida for your dear kitty :cat: :heart:

2 Likes

Sending purrs and jingles and hugs to Figaro and you and 7yo and vet carers.

2 Likes

Jinglea for your kitty!

2 Likes

Surgery went well, and he’s resting getting fluids and waking up thoroughly. He’ll come home in a couple of hours. Here’s his kitty recovery condo setup:

23 Likes

jingling for continued healing for Figaro!

3 Likes

Glad that SX went well. Still sending healing thoughts to Figaro as he recovers in his awesome kitty condo.

3 Likes

Glad surgery went well. Still jingling for Figaro.

2 Likes

Continuing to jingle until you tell us he’s out of the woods.

2 Likes