Jingles for Jan

Jingles again for Jan. I hope she gets all her ability, or atleast most of them back with the new hand

PM me for her address if you are wanting to send an encouraging card or note.
She isnt out of the hospital yet be we are hoping it is this week… then constant trips back there for chesks and therapy.
She already wants to sneak to the barn to visit her horse but for now I think she can see him from the car when she gets out… hate to give her barn germs…want to be extra careful til she is more better.

Hurrah for Jan!

That’s great news! The barn germs and her body are long term friends… It is the hospital ones that are bad news.

I am really looking forward to meeting her. At the Paradressage clinic that I went to in Maine last fall, there was a super rider with only part of one hand. She was awesome! Please tell Jan that when she feels like it, to visit the para-equestrian website. There is quite a bit about it in our stickies and search forum. She can do other para-equestrian sports besides dressage, too.

We would be happy to pass on our tricks to manage reins, etc.

I would assume she is on immunosuppressants/antirejection drugs? I know the drugs they use for cadaveric organs are different from the ones you get after receiving a live donor organ. Also, the huge doses of steroids they pump inot you right after the surgery are really tough on your body in many ways, so I am not surprised they dont want her too close to the barn germs - LOL!!!

Tell her to go slow…she will have a long time to enjoy her horse and there is not need to risk an infection (either in the transplanted limb or in any other part of her body) which may endanger her!

I do remember the yearning to touch my guys’ faces and kiss them and fighting the feelings:) My best to her in this very hard yet amazing time. Transplant surgery, regardless of the part, is truly an amazing, life giving, life quality phenoenon.

An apology

I don’t know enough to say the right thing, I’m sorry. You will have to give me a lead as to what Jan needs.:slight_smile:

Bumping for an update on Jan ~ Jingle Jingle Jingle & AO ~ AO ~ AO ~ Always Optimistic !

AWESOME News ! Jan is doing GREAT !! Her orthopedist is going to allow her to ride starting this week… obviously she needs to be mega careful and take it easy to start ( and lunge her horse down a bit to be safe) but she can’t wait to get back in the saddle.
The new hand looks great, therapy is going well… I am so thrilled for her… and eternally greatful to the organ donor and her family.

Thank you Zu for your note, Jan is very appreciative of all the good wishes and support in spirit she recieves.

How wonderful!!!

HOORAY ~ AO ~ Always Optimistic!!!

GREAT !!! Thank you for the update ~~~ I have been waiting for your lead on coth to send another note. Tell Jan Jingles continue and to enjoy:cool: her first ride. I will write her again soon.:DPlease remind me (in a pm) of her address in case I can not find it on my desk !:eek::lol:** Found the address ~ Easter card in the mail tomorrow am ~ thanks again for posting this update ~ does Jan read coth forums?

Does Jan read CotH?

We would LOVE to have her join us on the forum!
Zu-Zu reminded me that Jan has been hearing from us at a distance. She might enjoy getting to know some more empathic people, who are quite creative about continuing with their horses.

I have mentioned COTH to her in the past and I am sure eventually she will join us. Currently her computer/internet is on the fritz but I know her hubby is trying to sort out the problem. She is still in therapy at the Intrepid Center and the excercises are very painful, but the end result will be worth every minute of misery. What an amazing lady… every time I see her I am impressed by her heart, commitment to succeed and incredibly upbeat attitude.
at some point (with her permission) I will post some before and after photos of Jan and her equine partner Tracer.

Bumping for an update on Jan and Tracer ~ Jingles continue.

agree… how is she doing?

Maybe not info you want/she wants to give out, but you mentioned she was riding through a WW program–is she/was she military?

Yes, she was in the military. She is making great progress she is wiggling her fingers and closing her hand. It’s really awesome !

Great !!!

Great news update:cool: ~ thanks for sharing !:smiley: Jingles for Jan and Tracer .

Bumping up for a report on Jan and Tracer ~ Jingles continue for Jan.

Jingles & prayers. How are they doing?:slight_smile: