Jumper Barn DC/MD

I’ll be living in the Capital Hill neighborhood of DC and commuting to Annapolis, MD for work. I’m hoping to find a reputable jumper barn to board and train out of during the week before or after my 9-5 job. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chase

I don’t know if it would pull you too far west but check out Rolling Acres in Brookeville.

It might help to provide a bit more detail about what your’e looking for. What level do you show at? Do you want to go to Florida for the winter/any other particular horse shows? What’s your budget? Do you want a full-service program?

There are somewhat limited options east of the District, but given your location and your commute, you would be very lucky if one of them if it matches your needs. The traffic is so much better than in any other direction, especially given the times you’d be driving. It’s hard to describe just how dreadful driving in this area can be until you’ve experienced rush hour for yourself.

2 Likes

I’m looking for the best jumper trainer that I can find in that area. Full board preferably. I’m currently showing 1.10m with aspirations to move up. I’ve heard plenty of horror stories about the traffic and am trying to do my due diligence before moving up to DC. Thanks for the help!

Chase

Probably some of the best jumper trainers in the area would be Tracey Magness (Hughesville?), Rolling Acres, and Kim Williams. Ken Krome K2 Stables would be another but he’s in Westminster which would be a bit of a cruise from DC and/or Annapolis.

1 Like