Unlimited access >

Jumper trainer(s) to meet at shows, Maryland/PA line?

I did a search but didn’t come up with much. I am a jumper rider who trains and boards with eventers. One of my trainers does go to jumper shows a bit more than the other but in the past I have been mostly on my own. Due to injuries my horse and I have been out of the ring for two years, so when I show again I will definitely need some help ringside! We are still months out from real competition since he is just now coming back to work, but I thought I’d put out some feelers. I board him outside of Aberdeen, MD.

We were doing the Low AOs, but I’ll definitely go back to the High AAs for a bit until we get our legs back. I am very DIY; I ship myself, take care of my horse, and so on, and when we are showing regularly I usually bring only a friend to help on the ground, so I am really self-sufficient. Several years ago when my horse was still very green I would sometimes meet one of the trainers from a big show barn at the ring, but where I am boarding now is so far away from them that it would be too far to trailer over for the occasional lesson. I take dressage and jumping lessons with my two eventer trainers, but even if I’m mostly meeting a jumper trainer at the shows, I’d like to be able to lesson with them, too.

Anyway, I’m planning to troll some of the bigger shows at Swan Lake to see who is there that might work for my needs but if anyone has suggestions of jumper trainers who would be willing to meet an ammy at the ring to help her get her get back into showing, let me know! I don’t need my hand held, and years of riding with UL eventers has made me extremely independent! But I do need some support until I am once again confident enough to manage myself. Thanks for any suggestions.

I am an eventer who dabbled in the jumpers for a while and it’s a struggle. A jumper friend who lives in the area hauls to Ken Krome so that might be worth looking into?

1 Like

Ken Krome is a good suggestion. Jake Wymard is quite young but very good and active at the jumper ring. I believe he works out of his Mom’s Flower Farm and they do most of the summertime Swan Lake shows.

1 Like

Thanks!!!

Also maybe Priscilla Godsoe? She would be really close by.

1 Like

You must be talking about JT, haha. I connected her with Kromes years ago.

Definitely either Ken Krome or Jake Parker Wymard. I’ve ridden with Kenny in both hunters and jumpers, and a good friend rides with Jake and loves him.

1 Like