Unlimited access >

Jumping saddles that fit like Black Country GP Eventer on native tree?

Posted similar query in h/j, but wanting ideas on a jumping saddle that fits similarly to the Black Country native tree - suited to a horse with a broad wither and some curve to the back. I mainly ride dressage but still enjoy cross training with low level jumping. I have ridden more hunters, only dabbling in low level eventing, so prefer a jump saddle more suited to hunters or showjumping than XC. Since jumping is secondary to dressage, wanting ideas of good used saddles to consider.

I found a used XW Loxley Bliss jump saddle on a warm blood tree that fit my cob-looking guy. Super comfortable saddle for both of us.

Jeffries Liberty XP in wide tree. Fits my Thelwell looking Irish. I’ve heard the ideal H&C (highland &cob) trees are good for this type of horse as well.

Not sure exactly which models or trees, but I’d take a look at Bliss of London and Loxley saddles. The owner of the company, Nikki, used to work for Black Country.

I have seen the Bliss trees and they are not similar to the native. Nikki left long before the native tree was developed.

If you find an answer, please let me know. I have also been looking. I really like that tree on the right horse and looking to give my clients choices.

Well, shoot, if @sheltona01 doesn’t know, not sure how easy it will be to find a truly good option. I had wondered about anything Kent and Masters, or even Thorowgood since this is a secondary saddle… But saw you are a rep, so guessing not an easy match. Sigh. Maybe if I just jump low enough, I can use my dressage saddle🤣

Just because I do not know, does not mean it does not exist. Saddle brands are pretty regional (outside the major brands). So it might just mean I have not found it yet.

1 Like

Any thoughts on how a wide Barnsby might fit? Or Thornhill?

Closing the loop - an old K&M JU model saddle did not work, sadly, but a County Stabilizer fit the bill!

1 Like