Unlimited access >

Just Dreamin About Pony Sires

If you were going to breed for a fabulous pony, which of these would you breed to first and why? And if you want to add any other fabulous pony stallions, please please do it!

Cherrybrook Blue and Gold
Mapleside Mr. Magic
Orchard Hills Smoke Tree Dragon Tail

I’ll add to the pile of pony hunter stallions I would or have bred to in the past. :wink:

*Telynau Royal Charter
Blue Who
Sugarbrook Blue Pacific
Farnley Triton

Have a look at the UK Sports Pony Studbook (www.sportpony.org.uk) They approve a range of pony stallions for many disciplines. Some are WB, some are Native breeds but all can perform. There is also an Irish one. Always fun to look at stallions.

I am of course biased as its my in laws breeding, but I love *Rosedale Top Cat. I own 4 of his get right now and I can say they are the easiest minded ponies to work with and break. Adult Ammy here and I’ve done all the work myself with my guys and I can’t believe how easy they are to back and work around! Love, love, love their brains and they have the looks as well :wink:

Oh he is LOVELY!

1 Like

Pick the mare first and THEN pick the stallion that works best for her! The secret is procuring a very good mare!

5 Likes

Some connemara stallions are very nice, as are some morgans. I like Redbuds Blue Moon and Windy isles Get Smart.

1 Like

I just sold my smoky black roan colt by R Blue Moon and will be repeating the breeding. I also have a breeding to Get Smart that I will be using this year. I highly recommend looking at Connemara stallions! They are a fun and talented breed!!

I hope you don’t mind me hijacking your post, but I have a related question. Anyone here know anything about Wellen Gold Point or his offspring? I’ve been musing about him as a potential future experimental cross. I own a 13.2 Arabian mare of 100% Al Marah blood, and this stallion is a grandson of Al Marah Lord Elope…
ETA: This is a photo of the mare in question.

It’s really JUST a hypothetical at this point, but I don’t ever hear much about him on this forum.

1 Like

So, I missed the original post, but if anyone has questions about Maple Side Mr. Magic, please feel free to contact me :slight_smile:

He is currently getting more frozen done which will be offered to the public. We had very good pregnancy results with his test freeze :grin:

www.wrenwood.ca/mrmagic

Shameless plug for my friend’s German Riding Pony stallion Grover. He will be standing with Maye Show Ponies in Virginia this year. I’ve seen nearly all of his get so far, puts outstanding movement and temperament on his kids (predominantly girls thus far).

I have a toooonnn!
Cherrybrook Blue and Gold
Mapleside Mr. Magic
Orchard Hills Smoke Tree Dragon Tail
orchard hills snapdragon
telynau royal charter
empire’s power
rosedale top cat
Any maye pony (they’re phenomenal.)