Unlimited access >

Just needing to vent because I am scared

That waiting is so tough. Hopefully it is benign and this is just a precaution. If not, they have marvelous treatments now.

Good thoughts your way.

3 Likes

Sending you jingles!

I had a scare in 2019 with a palpated mass, two mammograms and ultrasounds, and then a biopsy. I had to drive 2 hours to Long Island for the second mammogram and ultrasound, then wait a month for the biopsy, due to back-ups here in NYC. The wait was excruciating. My breast cancer survivor aunt talked me off many a ledge.

In the end, it turned out to be benign, but due to calcifications and the fact that I have very cyst-y breasts, I was put on a 6 month schedule. That was scary, but am back on a 1 year cadence now. Thank goodness!

I agree that “probably benign” is a good sign. When I was going through it, I just told myself that it’s better to know thy enemy. And that early detection is a good thing.

Sending you positive vibes…

4 Likes

Doctors tend to stay non-committal unless they feel pretty comfortable that it’s benign, so that’s a good sign. And benign is more common than not.

My breasts look like a war zone from biopsies over the years. (5 in left, and 2 in right). Never cancer so far despite all the scares and sleepless nights waiting.

Sending you calming thoughts to help you through the miserable waiting game, and big hugs and jingles. Please reach out if you need to talk. :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

The biopsy was scheduled for July 13th in the morning.
The next two weeks will be self care and forgetting about it!

8 Likes

We will be thinking of you!

2 Likes

That is scary and many of us have been there I’ve had two biopsies over the years and both were benign. Thinking of you and do what you can to distract yourself. Horses are the best therapy.

4 Likes

Hoping for the best outcome. Many jingles.

3 Likes

two weeks out is a very good turn around. That is what mine was. I will agree the waiting about is the hardest part.

I am very much a Sheldon Cooper and impatient when rules cannot be made or enforced, when timelines get soft or unpredictable

1 Like

Just checking in and hope you are doing ok.

3 Likes

Thank you, I am doing okay. Been playing games and doing puzzles and relaxing, friends let me talk when I need too (and distract) I have my freak out moments lol but I’m handling these weeks good

8 Likes

Glad to hear that. Keeping busy with friends and projects is a good distraction. Take care!

3 Likes

Well the “don’t think about it” approach had worked until now. One day away, but atleast soon it will be over and done with!

6 Likes

I was wondering how you were holding up. Sending hugs and positive thoughts for good test results and to help you through all of this. Stay strong!

2 Likes

Hugs and jingles

3 Likes

Many hugs and good vibes coming your way! Hang in there! We’re all pulling for you! :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! feeling quite nervous about tomorrow but today it’s more self care and hopefully soon I can put it all behind me

7 Likes

I hope everything goes well tomorrow. How long do you have to wait to get the results?

2 Likes

Thinking of you! You got this!

3 Likes

Not sure, I think just a few days

1 Like

I hope it isn’t too long!

2 Likes