Unlimited access >

Just ONE MORE pony

I was going to ask COTH if I needed just one more pony, but, once I had enumerated my list of justifications for getting the pony, it was obvious. I should get the pony.

(Also, I didn’t want anyone to talk me out of the pony. That would not be apprecia

ted. I don’t really want reasons not to get a pony. I want enabling.)

So I got just ONE MORE pony. And now I can stop. All done. No more ponies required.

The pony in question has rudimentary driving training, but we’ll spend the winter long lining, and maybe go for a bit of finishing school to acquire polish in the spring. Most importantly, she has a good brain and isn’t one of nature’s worriers. On the other hand, she has more hair than I’m used to —I’ve kept the hair to a minimum with the boys, but I suspect trimming this kid would be anathema.

46 Likes

Really cute pony. I know this is a rhetorical question, but has ANYBODY on COTH ever told someone not to buy a pony???

25 Likes

I didn’t want to be the first!

11 Likes

Only if the pony was missing essential body parts, and only then if it was going to affect intended use and the prospective buyer didn’t have an extra field to retire it in.

What a pretty pony!

7 Likes

Dales?
Fell?
???
Is that cute grey a gelding? Is he noticing her, or the photographer (you)?

You are absolutely right. You did need this pony.

Name , please, BTW?

4 Likes

OMG… what a doll! She’s beautiful! You think anyone on COTH would NOT enable you?

7 Likes

The grey pony is a gelding, who is miffed when I (photographer) interact with his otherwise best friend Nigel or the new pony*.

New pony is a Fell named Josie–I wasn’t after a Fell specifically, but I like mountain and moorland ponies in general and I fell for her in particular. Kind of like Darby when I got him–greener than I had in mind, but a really solid brain and very personable (though hopefully less jealous).

I’m not sure about my ability to maintain all the HAIR–I have short hair, my dogs are wash-and-wear APBTs, Darby’s mane gets kept short and tidy, and I took a good 12" off of Nigel’s Barbie Dream Horse mane last year (albeit partly because Darby nibbled a chunk out of the middle and it looked silly).

*If I don’t work with him (Darby) first, he tries to bite the one I’ve got. If he gets to go first, we’re cool.

8 Likes

She’s adorable! We COTH pony-enablers are just as happy to work after the purchase as before!

6 Likes

Such a cute pony, of COURSE you needed to bring her home! I can’t wait for more updates and photos!

5 Likes

:heart_eyes: Lovely pony!
There’s a lady who brings a Fells 4 to the Ntl Drive & I drool whenever I see them :yum:

Darby sounds like a character!
Nigel should be happy to have a distraction :wink:

You’ll manage the hair, or do what suits you & pony won’t care.
I roach my TWH’s mane because he gives himself the Equine Combover grazing through my fences :smirk:
Hackney Pony - contrary to his breed - has never had more than a 6" mane in the 10yrs I’ve had him.
Mini is a trolldoll :persevere:
I have to clip his mane on one side to minimize the floof. Right now he has a mini-mohawk where it’s growing back. If I don’t keep his bridlepath clipped, he slides his muzzle off.
He also grows enough feathers so I’ve considered leaving them & showing him as Honey, I Shrunk the Percheron :smile:
All Spiffed Up:

22 Likes

What a total cutie! I assume there are eyes under that lovely forelock.

And who on COTH would ever advise you not to get another pony? We are proud enablers.

Rebecca

10 Likes

I love your new pony! She reminds me of a pony named Silky that I was lucky enough to get to ride as a kid.

I also love her hair.

1 Like

What a cutie! Love all the hair and I’m sure you will figure out what to do with it rather quickly.

1 Like

Omg adorable pony!!! And yes you absolutely needed her!!! If not for yourself, for your other ponies!!! They need a new friend!! And pony needs a good home with pony friends and a human of her own!!! Plus it’s Christmas time and what better gift to yourself than a pony? Also CoTH needs a lot of pony pictures! For science! And for those of us who live our horsey dreams vicariously on CoTH. :grin:

9 Likes

that’s an adorable pony! I bet you’ll have fun with her.

2 Likes

She is super cute! ! You are going to have so much fun with her. I can’t wait to see pictures in the spring and in sunlight so we can see how much she has developed.

2 Likes

Congrats!!! What a cutie! I’ve always loved Fells :slight_smile:

And whats one more pony?? I keep saying the same thing to myself as I just purchased my 5th pony and I was looking at a 6th…

5 Likes

She’s a very PERSONABLE pony, who likes attention. She also watched calmly during the Digging Out of the Goats and Ponies with the JCB after snow slid off the roof.

15 Likes

How could you not need THAT pony! Gosh she’s a looker!

5 Likes

How did you get my pony??? I just drove her the other day.

(the recent pictures are on my other computer).

I have no problem trimming hair. Thankfully, she doesn’t get much in the feather department, but her mane gets 6" or 8" cut off a couple times a year. I can’t stand all that hair.

Like 2Dogs, my Hackney has minimal mane and just a little bit more tail than the Donkey. His bridle path is done with ear clippers; Margie’s is done with body clippers.

12 Likes