Unlimited access >

Kabirkhan

He sure looks like Dad.

https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/articles/6174/hes-kazakhstan-and-his-name-kabirkhan-spotlight-meydan-marvel/

And watch the video of his maiden win. That is definitely not a first-class racetrack.

The Chromies must be going nuts.

2 Likes

I saw this. He does look JUST like dad. Same free shoulder motion, such a soft mover. He’s got some run, that’s for sure. Good luck to him and his connections.

1 Like

he is a beauty

He’s got a kick, that’s for sure.

From the article: ''The next step for Kabirkhan is likely to be the (G2) Al Maktoum Classic, on Super Saturday, March 2, before the $12m Dubai World Cup on March 30."

He didn’t run in the (G2) Al Maktoum Classic in March. He hasn’t raced since January, but maybe that’ll work for him. He’s got some tough competition in the Dubai World Cup.

I agree @Maythehorsebewithme the Chromies must be going wild. I hope he wins for their sake.

BloodHorse article:

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/275907/kabirkhan-from-humble-start-to-the-dubai-world-cup

1 Like

Well, unfortunately, the atmosphere of the Dubai World Cup did him in. Especially the absolutely ginormous big screen TV placed on the inside rail right beside the starting gate. Horses had to look right at it to load. Huge, bright screen with moving shapes against the night sky. Others looked too but he just said no way. Jock had to hop off. They finally got him loaded but he never fired. Stupid place to put the TV in relation to the starting gate.

Wouldn’t have mattered anyway, Laurel River totally annihilated the field. Not even close.

1 Like

It’s still so cool.

1 Like

I don’t think it was the atmosphere that did him in, but the quality of the competition.

He seems to have been running on (what most people would consider) bush tracks for much of his career so the atmosphere may have been a little daunting, but it may have been daunting for other entrants as well.

Wasn’t Laurel River a stunner?

Yes, that was a stunning performance, too bad we don’t get to see him over here until the Breeders Cup.

Oh, did not expect K to match the level of competition at all. Just too bad he got so scared he was frozen in place for quite a while and wouldn’t even go near the gate let alone get in it. Kind of thought he was getting close to being a gate scratch. He acted like a scared horse, connections must have known this could happen. Hope his future stays safe and well treated.

1 Like

I think they said “Probably not” when asked if he would run in the Breeders Cup.

Looks like Laurel River may be on break for the rest of 2024….