Keeneland Sept

they didn’t have a ton of substance to them. Reminded me of some of the Kitten’s Joy offspring. Very pretty, very balanced, lots of leg. On the leaner side. They look very athletic.

@snaffle1987 out of curiosity, are you actually at Keeneland or just looking at the photos and videos posted online of some of the horses going through the ring?

1 Like

Well, yes…precisely. We all get that.

So why do you think it’s ironic that the 1/2 to Justify didn’t sell? :confused:

3 Likes

Based on snaffle’s comments, he or she is not seeing these horses in real life.

2 Likes

I assume snaffle is watching. Watching online is nice, however it is limiting.

You have no ability to see the horse move, get a good sense of the horses temperament or see the vet reports.

I watch because of my interest in thoroughbreds and breeding. People in the industry attend the sale.

1 Like

I am here. And I will be back in the area in Nov. But I was not on site all day yesterday, I had another engagement I had to tend to.

You are where?

This is an odd post since there were only 2 in that the session. Why you think those two would be turf horses is a mystery to me.

1 Like

where do you think. this thread is about the Keeneland sale. Discuss the Keeneland sale. Which lots do you like? Which ones don’t you like? Which ones are you surprised about? Which new sires are you most impressed by?

@Laurie B is your friends filly 474 or 556?

I have no idea where you are. I do know the subject of the thread.

1 Like

The No Nay Never filly looks lovely.

@snaffle1987 There have only been 4 first crop horses so far. What did you think of the C.C. colt?

246 is an impressive looking colt.

At least 2 people really want this Curlin colt out of the Lonhro mare. Mohammed vs Magnier?

Mohammed (Godolphin) wins the bidding and gets the colt for 4.1 million.

Hip #312, a colt listed as Bay is actually a lovely Liver Chestnut.:slight_smile:

I really didn’t have my hopes too high since he’s not a horse who appeals to commercial breeders, but I’m disappointed that the Flintshires didn’t attract much interest. One RNA’d at $40K and the other at only $9K. He was one of my favorites when he was running and, sadly, I don’t expect he’ll be in the US much longer unless his 2yos come out running next year like their tails are on fire.

1 Like

Love More Than Ready.

I do realize I’m talking to myself at this point in time.:slight_smile:

They were both mid-April foals. Perhaps that was the reason? Buyers do seem to favor size and really mature looking yearlings.