Keeping a lung infection at bay?

Going to start vit C. But getting that sore throat sticky palate and sore chest feeling.

Problem is im scheduled july 11th for lapro surgery for endometriosis so i dont want to be sick!

I must say palate issues + mucus is umm rather uncomfortable!!

What can i do to keep things at bay till post surgery?

Rest, rest, rest, and more rest. I’m sure other people will chime in with more proactive things, but I know for me, rest is absolutely key in reducing the severity and duration of any illnesses I get. The more I try to push through them, the sicker I get, and I never seem to get over them until I really rest.

I hope you feel better soon, and good luck with your surgery.

Go in and get antibiotics!

I also take NAC, you can get the fizzies here: http://www.pharma-nac.com/faq/

Keep eating and drinking too.

And feel better. Hugs!

Jingles & AO ~ feel better soon ~

[I]
Jingles & AO ~

Feel better soon ~ REST !!![/I]

I had another idea, can you beat your chest like Tarzan? lol that sounds dumb, but I use a vest that vibrates my lungs so I don’t get lung infections, like this (don’t mind my Fran Dresser laugh, Jersey was being crazy that morning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0LzTmFn-Ok

Stay inside in the air conditioning. :frowning: the pollen is out of control.

Thanks i can get my mom to do chest physio! Also staying in, resting alot because apparently my body is super tired

I will admit too its easy to forget puffers

As a former Endo sufferer I know what it’s like to actually look forward to surgery. Best of luck getting rid of the cold and with your surgery.

Feel better soon ~ Jingles & AO ~

Feel better soon ~ Jinghles & AO & REST ~

Thx everyone! Yes cannot wait for surgery day! Cramps even on depo right now can be awful! Dr gave me naproxen but its too hard on my stomach! Its like non stop pms when i get cramps! Only good thing is no bleeding.

And the fact they keep me up all night, but can fill my t3( for migraines) tues so that will effectively help cramps :slight_smile:

Aren’t they going to give you pre-op antibiotics ?

Nope, and even better? She freakin cancelled the op date!!