Unlimited access >

Kent and Masters dressage saddle

Any reviews? Considering the model with the external knee block.

I have one with the internal blocks and love it. I got it because my horse has those huge shark fin withers and he loves it too.

2 Likes

If you’re talking about the S-series I had one for a while and it was a nice saddle for the price. Unfortunately it was too long for my pony.

LetItBe

1 Like

I have a Kent and Masters, but with the moveable support block under the flap. I really like the saddle, and it seems to be wearing well. My horse was very hard to fit, and the Kent and Masters was recommended by a saddle fitter. My horse seems happy in it, and I think it is a good value.

2 Likes

3horses… I think they are the same price so did you pick that model instead of the external block model, just for the reason that you could move the block? I think the external block would give me a more secure seat. What size seat did you get? Do they tend to run Small or large or true to size?

I have an 18" and it definitely runs large. I agree that they don’t work well for shorter backed horses. I think it’s a good saddle for the price. I definitely prefer my higher-end saddles, but have kept the K&M around since it’s adjustable and might come in handy at some point.

1 Like

I have a 17.5 seat. I feel it’s pretty true to size. I didn’t really have a preference about the knee block. This happened to be the saddle the fitter brought with her, and I liked it.

My 2 cents - I am currently trialing a used one with the internal velcro blocks. The saddle fitter put in the jump block because my knee went over/past the dressage block. I have a tough time with straight flaps because my femur is quite long and I struggle with opening my hips. I would say it has a fairly straight flap. I find the seat to be hard as a rock and I feel like I am not close to the horses back (i.e. there is a lot of saddle between us). I love the concept, but I am not loving the actual saddle.

I have an S series, block under flap, medium flocking (eg not the cob and not the high wither version, just the standard), and I love it. The panels are a bit long. With that said I have used it on short backed arabs and it can work but its def a better fit for a horse with a nice size saddle area. My horse has shark fin withers and the saddle worked fine at first, but now that he is lifting his back and coming thru more, I am wondering if the saddle is actually hitting his spine, as he recently has gone “off” not lame, just not right. The obvious cure would be to get the high wither version for him, which I may well do.

the only thing with the block on top is if it is not at just the right angle for your leg it can a- interfere with your leg position, or b- not provide any benefit because your leg is so far away from it. If you get block on top I highly recommend making sure you have a trial period.

I find my saddle to be very comfortable, but then I haven’t ridden in 6000 dollar saddles so…

1 Like

It is a slippery slope. My other saddles are Albion, Black Country and Patrick, and yeah, the K&M feels hard by comparison. I have a spoiled butt!