Knee Braces

I’m a 71 year old lady with arthritic knees that swell the longer I’m on my feet. I’m fine for my daily life as I do something and then get off my feet for a bit and then continue. I’m also fine for riding since I’m not on my feet.

I want to see if I can minimize the swelling for those things I do that require more standing. To that end I’ve tried compression stockings which didn’t help. I also bought a pair of Back on Track knee braces and after several times wearing them I don’t think they’re helping to significantly reduce the swelling.

I’m looking for advice on what other brand of knee braces I could try to really reduce the swelling. Appreciate any advice.

I don’t think braces will help with the swelling. Icing your knees whenever you get the chance may help. Taking an anti-inflammatory may help. Putting your feet up when you sit down to read or watch TV. Do you have pain or just the swelling?

I was just diagnosed with arthritis in my knee and my rehab doc said that a compression sleeve was the best for riding or cycling. You have to find the right fit that really does compress --BOT doesn’t do it for me but I’ve found dozens of cycling compression knee sleeves on Amazon --made for runners too

Get good shoes that offer a lot of comfort and support.

I agree with Magicboy. You need something with compression. Ice, elevation, anti-inflammatory medication(Ibuprofen,etc) as Donkaloosa mentioned may also help. For my arthritic knee, I have been using Volteran. I am on blood thinners and have to be careful with oral medication.