Unlimited access >

Knee roll squeak?

Hi! I bought a barely used Devoucoux Biarritz back in April. It’s gorgeous, comfortable and a dream to ride in. I’ve noticed that the right knee roll “squeaks” when I post. As my knee presses against the knee roll, air is pushed out, with an audible whoosh of air (squeak). I can make it happen by pressing on it with my hand as well. The left knee roll is fine, no sound. Is there a fix to this? Anyone know why this is happening? Hoping it’s something easy. Fingers crossed! I’ve never run into this before. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice!

Sometimes saddles can squeak because they are “too clean”. If it’s barely used… perhaps that’s the case? And it just needs to break in and get dirty :slight_smile:

My Devoucoux Biarritz is a bit older, but no squeaks!

1 Like

I had a saddle repair guy tell me to put talcum powder under the flap when I had this issue. I used cornstarch instead and it did the trick. No squeak.

1 Like

A little late to this … but … Thanks for the tip! I may try that. I reached out to Devoucoux and they recommended conditioning the crap out of the underside of the flaps, which is what I’ve been doing for the last year. It has helped but if I slack off at all, I notice it starts squeaking again. Will try some powder and see how that goes!

1 Like